Proposal for Limited Scope RefApp 2.13 & request for Release Manager

Sure! I will surely do it. Thanks for the point out.

I followed this link Tags · openmrs/openmrs-distro-platform · GitHub and it still reflects platform 2.5.7 though I have confirmed version 2.5.8 was released 5days ago. I think that is where I confused myself.

1 Like

Great work @jwnasambu! Both those Wiki pages look good - thank you for doing this so expeditiously and efficiently. I just added the same notes as above w.r.t. scope of this release.

Wow - seeing that only 3 modules’ versions were “maintained” is such a good eye-opener about the need to do this release and keep things fresh :slight_smile:

For release date - I’m thinking anytime in Nov or December; just whenever we can that is before the end of 2022. How does that sound to you Juliet?

Thank you so much @jwnasambu! :bouquet:

[quote=“grace, post:11, topic:37824”] For release date - I’m thinking anytime in Nov or December; just whenever we can that is before the end of 2022 You are right.

1 Like

@dkayiwa, @ibacher kind help please! I have began releasing modules with reasonable changes though I haven’t succeeded on any of the 3 that I have triggered. I have tried out the Provider Management Module and Appointment Scheduling module but this is the error am getting

Cloning into 'target/distribution'... error: pathspec 'master' did not match any file(s) known to git Failing task since return code of [/bin/bash release-scripts/distro-update.sh -r 2.14.0 -d 2.15.0-SNAPSHOT -p providermanagementVersion -s git@github.com:openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication.git -b master -n false] was 1 while expected 0

Kindly how can I fix this error? besides the version tag is updated even when the release failed on the way. Do I need to delete the tag and begin the release a fresh?

I’m having a different error when I try to release the App Framework module. When I run the standard build on CI, it builds successfully, and all the tests pass, but when I run the release job, the test fail, with this error being reflected

ERROR - TestContextManager.prepareTestInstance(324) |2022-11-21 18:17:31,339| Caught exception while allowing TestExecutionListener [org.springframework.test.context.support.DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener@43462cef] to prepare test instance [org.openmrs.module.appframework.service.AppFrameworkServiceTest@64287ec0]

on this link App Framework - App Framework Module Latest - Release to maven 295: Build log - OpenMRS Bamboo. I once thought the explanation on this link Problem Releasing APP-UI module could be of help but I was wrong.

CC @dkayiwa , @ibacher, @kdaud

I have added JAVA_HOME=${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 8} to the environment variables of those three CI plans. Run (not Rerun) the plans again.

1 Like

After running the plan do I need to release again or that is all? Besides, am facing the same problem with another module that I have tried to release. I desire to modify the bamboo job with JAVA_HOME=${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.JDK 8} but am a bit stack with the path to follow in order to achieve it. Kindly do I need permission to do it?

The release did not succeed/happen.

To be honest I didn’t re-run the release again because I already had a tag of a new release created e.g. Appointment Scheduling/tags. My assumption is when I release again it will create another release of 1.18.0 which I believe is wrong. The only would be solution if am to release again(in my own thinking) am to delete the tag on the repository then release afresh :grinning:

That one was released successfully: OpenMRS Add Ons

Thanks Daniel. Am struggling with this error

t[ERROR] mvn release:prepare failed. Attempting to do a release rollback.
[ERROR] mvn release:prepare failed, scroll up the logs to see the error. release:rollback was attempted. Delete the tag from the repository (if it exists), check if the SCM tag is a ssh and not http and try again.

when I try to release some modules e.g. Metadata Mapping Module. Kindly how can I go about it please!

In the error log, i found this: [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.3:jar (attach-javadocs) on project metadatamapping-api: MavenReportException: Error while generating Javadoc: Unable to find javadoc command: The environment variable JAVA_HOME is not correctly set. -> [Help 1]

I have just updated your tasks Enviroment variables with JAVA_HOME=${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.openjdk-8-jdk} MAVEN_HOME=${bamboo.capability.system.builder.mvn3.Maven 3}

Can you Run (Not Rerun) the plan again?

@dkayiwa I kindly need your help please! I have tried releasing the htmlformentry module but am having failing tests which may be as a result of a broken commit added at some point. Kindly how can I go about it?

@dkayiwa, @ibacher am trying to release Reporting UI module but am stack with the below error.
[ERROR] mvn release:prepare failed. Attempting to do a release rollback. [ERROR] mvn release:prepare failed, scroll up the logs to see the error. release:rollback was attempted. Delete the tag from the repository (if it exists), check if the SCM tag is a ssh and not http and try again. even after updating my task Environment variable with JAVA_HOME=${bamboo.capability.system.jdk.openjdk-8-jdk} as reflected on the screen below

Kindly how can I go about it?

Is is always good to include a link to the CI build that you are trying to run.

You are right! kindly this is the link to the CI build Reporting UI - reportingui module 1974: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo

From the error log [rejected] 1.10.0 -> 1.10.0 (already exists) this was released two months ago. I suppose you want to release version 1.11.0

I was releasing 1.11.0 but it could rollback to 1.10.0 version something which is confusing me. Thanks for the follow up

@dkayiwa kindly I supposed I need to delete the tags to precede with a release but I have no permission.