Production set upt - version etc.

@mksd Hello Dimitri, thank you very much for taking your time, answering on a Saturday :slight_smile: that’s very nice.

yes we have taken a (very big) look at the “big picture” of the openmrs if say so. Point is - there are a lot of things going on, what is nice. Especially the inclusion of international standards of terms, that’s brilliant, and as far as I can see, that’s unique (for all FOSS health sw products)

Still, the newly released releases, for prod (if defined: not an embedded tomcat or jetty) - they seem not to run The last link provided (platform) was the wrong platform. It was corrected, fine.

Now (just this night), one of our dev team was so kind to try out to include the modules one-by-one by hand (of ref 2.4, on the provided platform 1.11) … … by using “common sense”, say: not to copy all omods, but to start with the ref-app-module, and go back solving the dependencies one-by-one. it seems not to work. Seemingly, when all modules were included to start the ui framework, it crashes: org.openmrs.ui.framework.ViewException: Error rendering page view for home. Model properties

Seriously, it looks for me, that the provided software - are simply links. So to speak: those who provide it, did not try out, if it even works. (question, since in the company i work for, we have a checklist … and we have a QA who does try it out, exactly as provided, step by step)

As to Bahmni, we tried it - that was great, the installation worked. It is too big for the intended use, so the main responsible person decided against.

As to the SDK, i tried myself - in the docu, i could not find the option to create db-access. So I used the maven archetype therefore, then ‘copied’ the structure, created controller, jsp, gsp … as in the archetype-created module. It worked to compile it, deploy it to the SDK-started server, add it to the admin-page, also the table (by liquibase) was created. when trying to add it as a GUI (second column), still fine. Then, trying to access data and show them in this GUI, it crashed. I cannot say what, in this case, was the incompatibly issue since that was anyhow sort of a ‘hack’. Please advice where I might find the service/dao etc. creation … then I will try it again, thank you.

Other questions of installation, we solved some, by reading a lot in this wiki, e.g. to create an empty db before starting the installation; e.g. give tomcat7 the ownership of a folder, e.g. create a folder oneself for tomcat before installation, e.g. increasing the heap space; e.g. re-starting tomcat7 all time (say: check catalina.out all time during install) … maybe we have not found all hints :slight_smile:

As to other prod installations - it’s great if it runs. Hm, we are interested in an prod install of the current ref 2.4 (the modern design) … since our users ‘like’ it. Maybe those that are in prod right now, are rather the before-2.4 app, hm, maybe.

We will try a few more days to make it run, as it is provided, with ref 2.4 (however, if the modules themselves are not compatible, that’s meaningless), then will switch to any other SW, since time is running out.

The GUI of the ref app’s nice design is very convincing for the users, and the main responsible person likes it a lot :slight_smile: (and myself, i am very convinced of the inclusion work of the various international vocabularies) … however the sw must run.

Thank you very much, again, for your time on a Saturday! :slight_smile: and thank you very much, yes please I would be glad to talk with Romain @mksrom