Please make sure to patch all OpenMRS our test environments

I really don’t understand our distributions or if there are breaking changes. If, for example, we need to upgrade those plugins, or if the release manager will be able to test the distribution locally before deploying.

Generally, i feel that this is a good place to start. We can update the release process to include these extra steps. I trust that given time, you can make it even easier. :slight_smile:

Hopefully fixing the Ebola distro is as easy as changing the REST module version to 2.24.0.

Unfortunately I don’t have an OpenMRS dev environment set up now. I can probably test this within a week, but can’t guarantee when.

If someone else is able to clone the repo, make a one-line change to the distro properties file, run it with the SDK, and manually poke the UI to see if anything obvious broke, please do!

Dear Darius

I rebuilt my local ebola from scratch with (old) rest 2.12. Created a patient; found patient record, ebola dashboard. However I don’t see how to add a patient to a ward. It does not show active patients – although I created 2 patients and all privileges set for the user. Ward rounds looks like this (grayed out).

I changed the openmrs-distro.properties

• omod.webservices.rest=2.24

It works the same, but I’m not able to test the uiframework pages. Not sure if this proves that the new rest module isn’t breaking anything.

Ellen

I will be recreating this VM over the weekend, so both mdsbuilder and ebola will be down.

Data shouldn’t be lost.

@cintiadr I just edited https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-ebolaexample/blob/master/openmrs-distro.properties to include the latest security-patched version of the REST module. I enabled the CI plan, and kicked off a build, but it failed with what looks like a permission issue https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/EBOLA-EEM-1209/log, and I don’t have time to debug now.

Does the ops process for this demo require that I do a successful bamboo build? Or is it enough to have updated the distro.properties file?

I was not able to test this locally (got blocked because it requires Java 7), but I hope Ellen’s test is a bit indicative that it will work. And worst case, if this doesn’t work, we’ll find out when the demo is up.

It should be fine, @darius , I will get that build green (no idea what’s happening, but it’s definitely an infra problem).

So that’s related to the fact that we need to update JDK 7 to a most recent update, which supports letsencrypt.

I attempted to upgrade the java to 8 (keeping the compatibility mode to 6), but that seems to have failed important tests. I contacted the OpenJDK repository to see if they plan on offering the new updates, otherwise I’ll have to come up with another work around.

JDK 7 is just not helping me: JDK 7 is not working anymore in CI

Anyway, I attempted to just use JDK 8, but there were test failures. I disabled to tests to see if the server would at least start when I deployed the new machine, without bitcoins miners.

But the provider blocked my access :smiley: Anyway the applications are down now. I’m not even sure what they expect me to do.

@raff, is there any chance you could verify that mdsbuilder data still correct? The server was recreated.

@darius and @ball

I’m having trouble with ebola demo.

If you clone ebola example module and run:

mvn org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:3.12.0:build-distro -Ddir=docker -Dbundled=true -U

It will generate the dockerfile in web/Dockerfile. That will have tomcat 7 base image, which is JRE 8.

https://ebola-demo.openmrs.org/openmrs/initialsetup

Now it’s complaining that I’m not running Java 6. Finding a java 6 docker image won’t be easy, so I’m not sure what to do.

I believe that ebola needs Java 7. Not sure why it’s complaining about needing Java 6.

Which OpenMRS Platform version is the ebola demo running?

@ball do you see any problem if we make this module require platform 2.x?

I defer to @darius about moving to 2.x.

We can try that. But IIRC I tried this in the past, and there is real work involved in upgrading the code.

Anyone interested in helping to upgrade the Ebola distro so that it works on modern OpenMRS?

@cintiadr We have decided to turn off the Ebola demo server at this point. If there’s a future need, or specific request to see the demo, we can work to upgrade the module to run on the latest OpenMRS version.

Alright, thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

It looks good, thanks! (I’m sorry for my late response… it got lost in my e-mail queue)