OCL (and connector) annoyances and problems

One idea is to let a user indicate, for each source:

1. which “UI Flow” to use (in my case “OpenMRS”)
  2. which “trusted dictionary” to prefer (in my case CIEL)

Then, when viewing your source, you’d have some additional shortcuts where the New Concept button is now, to do things like:

• create a Diagnosis (defaults datatype to none, class to Diagnosis, lets you give ICD10 and SNOMED mappings on the first screen; searches CIEL for similar concepts in the background as you’re creating it)
  • create a Set of concepts from my trusted dictionary (datatype=none, class=ConvSet, lets you search for concepts in your trusted dictionary and add only these to the set)

I’d like a shortcut to create a special kind of collection that prefers to take concepts from 1-n trusted dictionaries (in my case CIEL followed by Bahmni Default Concepts), and also includes all concepts from 1-n sources (e.g. my implementation-specific concept source).

This would have a special UI flow for including concepts from the trusted dictionaries (and automatically pulling in their mappings), and it would automatically include all concepts and mappings from its include-all sources (maybe this happens with a scheduled task, maybe it happens when you trigger a new version).

Basically, what I’m getting at is that I want to make it easy for someone who doesn’t care to really learn about all the complexity and power of OCL to be able to do a small number of specific workflows that have to do with creating a few custom concepts, and pullings lots of concepts from CIEL, and some Bahmni curated lists, and merging these all together into a collection. Honestly the best UI would probably come from doing a purely custom app for this, but if it helps to put this in the main UI, we can do it there too…