Congratulations for this milestone! 2023, Shoot for the moon even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
Hello friends and OpenMRs family;
Excited to announce the start of my new fellowship journey as a Frontend fellow developer on the 3.x 2023
I would like to announce with much joy that I was given another opportunity to be a Frontend fellow on the 3.x for this year 2023 under the mentorship of @dkigen .
I would like to thank everyone around the community for the support and mentorship you offer in one way or another to always bring out the best version of me. On a special note, I would like to thank the team which was actively involved in the fellowship selection for offering me another opportunity to learn, improve and contribute to the OpenMRS 3.x. @jennifer @dkigen @dkayiwa @erica @jayasanka and others thank you very much .
I am officially announcing the start of my fellowship and here are some of the activities I have planned ahead.
- Kickoff call with my mentor and other stakeholders
- Scheduling weekly meetings with my mentor.
- Continuously updating my fellowship plan.
- Continuously attending the team coffee breaks.
- Preparing for the GSoC program by taking time to understand the projects I will be overseeing.
Otherwise, I am so excited for this new journey and happy to work alongside the amazing @dkigen as my mentor and all the awesome devs around the community
More updates to come:
Congratulations on your fellowship! That’s great news and I’m sure you will make the most of this opportunity. I’m sure you will do a great job with your mentor and the rest of the team. Good luck with your journey and I look forward to hearing more updates from you in the future.
Thank you so much @parthis .
Hello everyone, hope you are all well. It has been a couple of weeks into the fellowship and so far so good , it is already an amazing journey.
What I have so far Accomplished
- I had a kickoff call with my mentor @dkigen and manager @mksrom . It went well, and they shared great ideas and improvements that I could add to my fellowship plan to make it better and more focused. Thanks to both of you.
- I have made some improvements to my fellowship plan to have more specific goals that can guide me to success.
- I have scheduled convenient weekly meetings with my mentor where we shall be talking about my progress and any challenges that might come along.
- I have continued to work with the Frontend Squad team in syncs, reviews, and pairing sessions where we brainstorm about team priorities and unblock each other.
- As a way to prepare for GSoC, I have had some syncs and conversations with interested GSoC students concerning some projects.
- I have completed the monthly fellowship survey.
Otherwise, the journey is so far so good and I am excited to continue moving forward with my set goals.
Look out for more in my next blog, thanks everyone for making this journey great, and thanks @erica for the great work and support you are providing .
Hello everyone, it is mid-March, it’s been over a month since I started my 2023 fellow and so far so good. I have continued to work with the Frontend Team to make OpenMRS 3.x better and prepare for the faimer project. Below are some of the outstanding improvements that I have worked on.
- Patient chart appointments app improvements. [O3-1762] Appointments v2 - Patient Chart - 2023 improvements - OpenMRS Issues
- Patient chart conditions improvements. [O3-1758] Conditions List improvements 2023 - OpenMRS Issues
- Patient chart forms and notes improvements. [O3-1932] Form Icon should be disable if a specific form is open. - OpenMRS Issues
- Patient chart test-results improvements. [O3-1968] Full view on test results is not working - OpenMRS Issues
- Patient chart side rail state fixes. [O3-1917] Forms icon in the side rails loses the active class. - OpenMRS Issues
- Patient List improvements. [O3-1927] Patient list tabs doesn't switch the content - OpenMRS Issues
Besides these, I have continued to work closely with my mentor @dkigen , @vasharma05 , the Mekom team, and the entire Frontend squad to make OpenMRS better.
I attended the OpenMRS virtual mini-conference this week and it was a great conference with amazing presentations.
We still have a lot lined up to make OpenMRS 3.x better and more efficient, so the journey continues to be exciting.
We also have GSoC coming up and I am excited to be a mentor for the Printing Feature project, looking forward to that as well.
Cheers, keep viewing!