Migrating to Jetstream 2!

And here I thought GitHub was supposed to have some clever redirects to handle that!

Whoops! My fault! I forgot to undo that (when it lost connectivity I was originally just going to try recreating it before I found out I could solve it much more easily…)

Something we should probably do across the board in OpenMRS. I changed my default branch for personal repos from master to main years ago.

Yay! You’re awesome, @cintiadr!

You can test shields with https://shields.openmrs.org/plan/TRUNK/MASTER

You can test radarproxy with https://radarproxy.openmrs.org/openmrs%20radar.json

I added this info to our ITSM wiki, including a new page for radarproxy.

In any case, these both are working fine on goba. Thanks again @cintiadr!

1 Like

Alright, let’s see if this email lands in my mailbox. Testing testing.

I have a suspicious that it’s not technically viable to easily do that, due to how git works. That said, a warning on the discourse launcher logs would have kept me sane!

Alright, all machines are migrated! :smiley: Took a hot minute, but here we are.

All machines are migrated! I will slowly deleting all the other machines, a few per day. On the weekend, I will delete the old networking as well.

Probably creating tickets for all follow ups tasks.

4 Likes

Yay!!! I hereby declare August 2022 is “OpenMRS Cintia Month” to acknowledge the heroic efforts you made in transitioning our infrastructure to Jetstream2 this month!!! :partying_face:

-Burke

/cc @jennifer

p.s. They will likely pull the plug on Jetstream1 at the end of this month, so don’t be surprised if it is unreachable as of 1st August.

3 Likes

I’m really glad I took time in the past to automate everything with terraform, ansible/puppet and docker, as well as all the backups.

We changed datacenters, network, recreated all machines, upgraded operational system, upgraded all atlassian tools, and all services (except talk) went out pretty smoothly.

If things weren’t automated, we’d probably have a lot more work to get it done. Yey to automation!

3 Likes

Thank you @cintiadr! It’s amazing achievement! Great to have you with us!

Yey to @cintiadr and automation!

This is amazing! Thanks for all your work on this @cintiadr!!!

@cintiadr You overcame so many obstacles to achieve this win. Your perseverance is an inspiration to to me , and you earned all the rewards coming your way." I always knew you could do it, and I’m incredibly proud of you."

You really deserve this recognition. Thanks @ibacher and @raff for always checking on our super girl.

1 Like

And all Jetstream 1 machines should be now powered off. :upside_down_face: RIP little thingy. I also deleted all network components via terraform.

Our automated docs are reflecting that. Datadog will soon show all those machines as gone (they are currently inactive, I think it takes 24h for datadog to give up on a machine).

I cleaned up all the old code in ansible and terraform to remove all the things needed to support ubuntu 16/20 and Jetstream 1.

In order to get Terraform working for you moving forward, make sure to update your openrc-personal file and remove the Jetstream 1 creds. You can see that Jetstream 2 creds were also renamed.

Also, make sure to run ./build.rb init docs, to install new modules on that folder.

Everything else should work exactly as expected. I’m still to confirm if our backups are working, but that doesn’t need to happen this weekend :smiley:

And with that, I declare us officially migrated.

2 Likes

Woohoo!!!