Micro Frontends Architecture for OpenMRS

I just created two new RFCs:

1. Issue tracking and documentation
  2. Pull request contribution guidelines
1 Like

Due to recent changes in my health, I will be stepping away from OpenMRS. What this means is that I will no longer attend any calls, review code, or write code. The changes to my work life also include resigning from my position with Just Utah Coders, laying off several employees and interns, and removing myself from many other time commitments and endeavors outside of OpenMRS.

I told this to the MF squad and OpenMRS leadership shortly before the OpenMRS conference last week, but decided to go to the conference since my tickets were already booked. Now that the conference is over, I’ll be stepping away.

My plan is to take a few weeks off and then apply to tech companies for a job as a software developer in an individual contributor role. I will be okay, and I expect my health to improve over time.

I have appreciated the opportunities presented to me within OpenMRS and have enjoyed working with the microfrontends squad. I wish each of you the best of luck and hope that the initiatives we started together will succeed. I have confidence in Fatma, Brandon, and JJ to continue to push things forward without me.

3 Likes

@joeldenning Sorry Joel for your poor health ,it’s also too sad to hear you’re leaving while we are in the early stages of this work.I actualy didn’t notice you were sick. Hope you Get well soon by God’s providence.

It’s a sad moment to know that you’re also leaving us too soon. But thank you for the awesome contributions and value you have added to the community and to some of us personally.

God Bless you.

@joeldenning it’s sad to learn about your health. I pray for your quick recovery. It was really a pleasure to meet you in the conference. Wish you all the best for future endeavors.

Not sure how I missed this Joel. I am very sorry to hear about your health challenge. I hope you will feel comfortable reaching out to those of us in the health care community who might be of help as you work through this. We will miss you and wish you the best in your recovery!

@joeldenning am please sorry to hear about the changes in your health. It is good that you have taken a bold step to address it before it gets out of hand!

It was great to see you for the first time at the conference. Thanks for accepting to come and please come again.

There are so many places you could go, but decided to chose OpenMRS to be among those projects that were lucky to have you onboard. Thank you so much for the great leadership and mentorship that you have provided us. We have learnt a lot from you and will use it all to save even more lives.

We shall greatly miss you, but are hopeful that in your spare time, you will remember us as one of your side projects! :slightly_smiling_face:

@joeldenning ohh sorry about the health.we do pray you get well soon and it will be nice seing you here whenever you can.

So sorry to learn of this. I wish you a quick recovery and may the Lord restore you to perfect health. Thanks for selflessly contributing to OpenMRS and mentoring some of us, it may have been indirect but I learnt a lot from you. I wish you wellness.