+10 to this. Before making a core Bahmni change to append “urgent” to the comment (hacky!), please do a minimal amount of investigation about whether you can use the OpenELIS sample.priority column. (And if that doesn’t work, why not?)
The original intentions for the current urgency values in OpenMRS core are:
- ROUTINE: do this now, with normal priority
- STAT: do this now, with priority priority
- ON_SCHEDULED_DATE: do this in the future, on the date in the Order.scheduledDate field.
- specific scenario: “do a CBC now, and then do another one in 2 weeks”
- we assumed we’d eventually add a value like ON_CONDITION_MET, but never designed this
As Burke and Jonathan say, we should deprecate ON_SCHEDULED_DATE because it’s orthogonal to urgency. If Order.scheduledDate is filled out, that implies the order is to be carried out at (approximately) that time, but it could still be routine vs stat.
Are you saying that we modify the urgency of an existing order to ON_SCHEDULED_DATE after the sample is drawn? That would be wrong from the OpenMRS domain perspective. Or are you saying that when a sample is collected in ELIS that had no corresponding order in the EMR, then we create an order with that status? (In that case I’d say we should use ROUTINE.)