is there any module that can manage Bed in hospital instead of adding script simple UI

Thanks for this @mjsanish, this is very useful! I have left a few comments in the file.

There is one possible case that is missing. How does it look when an admission location contains at the same time child locations and a bed layout with a few beds?

Thanks for these mockups!

As I look through them I realize I kept getting lost in knowing where I was, and I suspect a user might have the same problem. Is there some reason not to display the locations in a hierarchical display, so you can directly see how things are laid out?

I’m also concerned about the scenario where someone has an existing location hierarchy (from just using the OPD features) and then they want to start using Bed Management on top of that months later. So you’re not always creating new locations, but you might need to work with the existing location hierarchy.

My UI suggestion is to have a left pane which shows the location hierarchy (by default filtered to include all admission locations and all of their ancestors). Clicking on a node would highlight that node, and show its details in the right panel (which would look like the view admission location screen you have in the mockups). Depending on its status you could have either one button for:

• Allow admissions at this location

or else buttons for

• Stop allowing admissions at this location (can only do this if there are no current admissions here)
  • Add Child Admission Location
  • Set Bed Layout

What do you think?

That good idea to have a left pane which shows the location hierarchy. It will be easier to navigate to specific admission location.

@mksd Actually, I have no idea about how to present this case in UI. I will try to figure out UI design for supporting this case. If you have any idea about presenting this in UI let me know.

OR for now, let support admission location with child location or with bed layout. we can extend feature later to support admission location at the same time child location and a bed layout with beds.

this has been so long discussion :joy::joy:

We do appreciate your patience! But the feature is being actively worked on, so that it can be included in the 0.91 release of Bahmni.

thank you Darius for quick update, by the way when V0.91 going to be release any idea ?

Bhandari

The bed management admin UI app will be included in the 0.91 release of Bahmni. Here I have added Screenshot of the bed management admin UI app from the current development. If any feedback lets me know. @mksd @darius @angshuonline @andrewbhandari @arjun @zouchine @binduak

2 Likes

As discussed earlier, can you include this as part of the QA build? You will need

• Release the OMOD or configure so that it pulls from the snapshots (please create a card so that the snapshot would be released version before the 0.91 release)
  • Make it part of the packaging. @shruthipitta can help with that.
  • link it in the ADMIN app.

Once this is integrated, it will provide someone a much better experience for exploration.

Also do schedule QA time for this, by requesting in the community.

Questions

1. Is the layout definition allowed only at the 4th level? I thought it can be done at the ward level itself, and need not be a room level. I hope we have the facility to layout the ward as a dorm.
  2. Screenshot 3 (Edit Ward) - Shows Parent Location as Ganiyari. Should your left pane reflect that - instead of saying “Admission Locations” as root?
  3. Is there any admin screen for “Bed Tags”? Also how do I see (in the bed layout) the tags for the beds?
  4. Screenshot 6 (Set layout) - I find the error message to be confusing? rephrase?

Layout definition allowed at any level. Here we have the layout at 1st level Emergency Ward, 2nd level General Ward Room-1, 3rd level NICU Room 100.

Here Emergency Ward, General ward, Labour Ward and NICU Ward are top-level admission locations. And these may have different parent location. From 2nd level parent location shows as left panel.

Since Bed Types and Bed Tags admin screen are similar looks (ie listing and add/edit form), I haven’t added Bed Tags screenshots.

In Screenshot 6, I show the error message that throws when we try to resize bed layout but it blocks by a bed. Here we tryed to resize bed layout to 3X3 but bed number 100-L at 3X4 block to resize bed layout.

Great to see this progress!

@mjsanish and @shruthipitta/@binduak please make it top priority to incorporate a snapshot of this into the build process, and document the process on the wiki for the next person/feature.

Comments:

• I would use a stronger effect to highlight the selected location in the left pane. Either add a “Selected” badge, or do something like dark blue background with white text.
  • on the demo I think I saw that when you add a new ward, it isn’t automatically shown/selected in the left pane. But I might have mis-seen it. Is the behavior as it should be?
  • In my opinion the fieldset that I see on most screens do not add any value. I would just remove them.
  • When showing the bed layout I would make either the existing beds or the empty spaces have a different background color. (My initial thought is to make the existing beds light gray, but use your judgment.)
  • On the Set Layout screen I would have the title be “Set Layout for {location}” (instead of the fieldset/caption).
  • Rephrase the error message that Angshu found confusing to say instead: “Cannot shrink the bed layout, because there is an existing bed at row {r} and column {c}. You must remove the bed first.”
    • I’m curious, is there an error message if you try to remove a bed that is in use? (I hope there is.)

What does it look like when you edit a bed? (Feel free to just get this loaded up on a QA server and I can see myself.)

@darius We have configured bed management OWA on https://product-qa08.mybahmni.org/. Will automate the build process by tomorrow.

@angshuonline @mksd

2 Likes

@binduak, great! How do I get to this feature on that server?

Also, a reminder to document how to do this on the wiki so that someone else (e.g. @mjsanish himself) knows how to do it next time.

@darius, you can access this from OpenMRS OWA module. This hasn’t configured in Bahmni.

Go to OpenMRS -> Administration -> Open Web Apps Module -> Manage Apps

There you can see the Bed Management Admin UI

For people interested in testing this out, the link is:

https://product-qa08.mybahmni.org/openmrs/owa/bedmanagement/admissionLocations.html username:superman password:Admin123

(You probably need to click the link, log in, then click the link again.)

1 Like

Question here:

I was wondering if an OWA for Pure OpenMRS, pretty similar to Bahmni’s inPatient, could be created using your module to extend its funcionality.

@gduchi, I’ll respond on your other post: Bed Management module - Patient Assignment (inPatient)

@darius thank you very much