Introducing Open Concept Lab for distributions

Thanks Jonathan for the update! Does the current back end functionality have a REST layer on top of it? Am asking because we have a number of developers from Andela who have been into user interfaces that talk to the back end via REST. We are currently assigning them work that is of the highest priority to the community.

@raff do you have any response to the issues that @paynejd referred to you above?

OCL is planned to be used for the refapp concepts management. There was an issue in OCL export code, which prevented us from using it. I may have fixed it as a side effect of my recent work in OCL, which I need to verify. I am planning to move the refapp to OCL within a month, but most likely merge it after RA 2.7 release so it is properly tested and released with RA 2.8.

I haven’t used the subscription module for a while. I recently heard about a connection issue with the latest OCL, which needs to be fixed. The module will be used by the refapp to install concepts from an ocl export bundled with RA (offline) and then you can set it up to get updates (online).

Dear @paynejd how can Uganda also benefit from this.

The MoH - Uganda has just mentioned to its stakeholders that they are interested in coding their HMIS and the way forward is to use CEIL and ICD-10

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your question and I would be happy to speak with you about how OCL might be able to support the work that you are doing. As a starting point, I would recommend looking at how the Ethiopia Ministry of Health modeled its HMIS definitions and National Classification of Diseases within OCL:

NCoD is a subset of about 2,000 ICD-10 terms that are relevant in the Ethiopia context.

Could you let us know a little bit more about your use case? How are HMIS indicators defined? Does Uganda use a subset of CEIL or ICD-10 already? Is there a central body that governs how standards are used? We can also jump on a call if helpful.

Thanks! Jon

Can we also schedule a meeting in Malawi to discuss in person? I don’t think @paynejd is attending, but we can certainly get a bunch of people together to discuss in depth.

@akanter - thanks. Wish I was going to be there. Am guessing this may not be possible, but if there is anyway to record some / all of the discussion on this, I would love to watch it when it is over. Totally understand if not possible. @whiscard should be there as part of our team.

Hi, just wanted to check if OCL supports internationalisation. And, if so - which locales are currently supported?

Are you referring to the user interface or the content? Content already has multiple locales in the CIEL data. From the UI perspective, its only English.

Thanks @akanter. I was referring to the UI as well as locales for concepts. Your response was helpful