Incorporating Encounter Diagnoses into openmrs-core

@akanter we are designing the API that will support building a UI which lets a user take an active condition and use this as today’s encounter diagnosis, with a single click. And when this happens, you should be able to save a link from the diagnosis to the condition that it came from. Are you saying this should not be allowed as a workflow? (In fact Bahmni didn’t prioritize or build this one, but instead prioritized letting the user click on a condition in the condition list to say that this encounter is following up on that condition. And Jonathan also seems to be saying that’s the more important workflow.)

Or are you saying that the concept for “Hypertension (Diagnosis)” is not the same as the concept for “Hypertension (Condition)”. In that case, when the eventual UI is built, it could use some business logic based on mappings in the dictionary to convert from the condition concept to the diagnosis concept. But I don’t actually see this level of mappings, even in the CIEL dictionary. (I had found a stroke vs history of stroke example that I mentioned in this post: Conditions List for Bahmni, but I don’t see an equivalent for the malignant hypertension concept.)

Alternately, we could let the system be configured to not allow concepts to be chosen as encounter diagnoses if they don’t meet some criteria. (That seems independent of this discussion though.)

I was hoping to have this ticket ready-for-work by Monday, so a team of Andela developers can pick it up.

One possibility is to pull out this one thing, and make the rest of it ready for work. Then we can get do another call to look for consensus about whether we want diagnosis.condition and/or encounter.associatedCondition and/or to get episodes of care into the model (and make the ball of wax even bigger).