I need an up-to-date guide... Project Documentation is a complete disaster.

Hi there, first, I apologize to bring this topic alive, but it reflects part of what I feel about OpenMRS.

Tried to install this platform on Ubuntu Server 18.0.4, but after many tries, I just gave up. I must agree with @agk about the, at least, outdated documentation.

The most recent attempt at trying to solve this from the community was this post from 2016 v2.0 Implementation Documentation and this very thread. Replies in the wiki are usually older. There are sections about implementing with Docker, or using Jetty instead of apache, just to find that there is no further guide about it, or a message at the end that says “this is not working now”.

Even this “implementing” sub forum has many flags about what is going on with modern OS and tools that are not working with OpenMRS openmrs-runtime.properties file not being created

I don’t mean to be rude here, I see a supportive community, people interested in doing good work and support others, especially in this times of pandemic. Personally I’m not even close in understanding the inner workings of a project like this, not even try to build one.

Finally, I must thanks again to the author of this thread, I proposed to try OpenEMR to my institution instead and got it working in 1 hour or less. I don’t know if it is a better product, but it is very well documented, and that, for a sysadmin, makes a lot of difference.

Thanks again for your time in reading this, I’m looking forward to try OpenMRS in the future.