How to use the Address Hierarchy Module with the Reference Application

Good morning @mogoodrich ,

Thanks for your help with this. I know you’re a busy man. My test of configuring the JSON file for the Registration App didn’t work on devtest03. But, I can’t reproduce the problem on the legacy patient dashboard on devtest03, I went through the same process as I did on my other servers, but it worked (address hierarchy is available on the legacy patient creation screen) on devtest03. That’s what makes me think it’s a compatibility issue with OpenMRS 1.11.4, because it works on devtest03 which is OpenMRS 1.10. To confirm this, I downloaded Version: 1.10.2 Standalone and configured Address Hierarchy. The address Hierarchy worked perfect in the legacy UI. I feel almost certain that it’s a compatibility issue with OpenMRS 1.11.4.

@mksd, which platform are you using? OpenMRS 1.10 or OpenMRS 1.11? Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on adding Person Attributes. It seems like you’re JSON is almost like mine. I just tried to simplify it by just trying the Mother’s name to start. It still doesn’t appear on the Registration App.

For the Reference Application Registration App, it appears my JSON (configured through the UI under Manage Apps) isn’t being used (other than to change the app name). When I remove the JSON code that specifies the address and phone number fields, they still appear in my “custom” Registration App. So, this might be why the address Hierarchy isn’t working in the Registration App. , and why my new sections for Next of Kin aren’t appearing in the app. Could this be the same bug with loading in the JSON that was mentioned here? How to use “manualFields” with a “field/personAddressWithHierarchy” @mksd did you create a ticket for this?