How to earn dev1 badges?

@burke,

When zapier is getting the data from survey monkey, we have the following message:

https://developer.surveymonkey.com/api/v3/#error-codes

User does not have the feature required to access this endpoint. Permission Error http_status_code: 403

I believe this is a side effect of downgrading our surveymonkey license.

1 Like

I actually did the test twice but nothing materialized. Thank you :blush: for the welcome

1 Like

Twice in the last 10 days… Thank you

1 Like

Yes. This is the result of our Survey Monkey account being downgraded to a free account. I’ll ask @jennifer to upgrade to a Standard account for now, which should trigger all outstanding quizzes to graded.

1 Like

Thanks @burke for this update.

Our Survey Monkey account has been upgraded!

1 Like

Thanks for the update @jennifer, so should I just retake the quiz?

1 Like

Plus…do u get a message as well when u flunk?

You do not need to retake the quiz if you’ve already taken it and are just waiting for it to be graded… and you get a message either way (pass or fail).

Some of the processes run daily (including badge updates), so it can take up to 24 hours for updates.

3 Likes

@burke, I checked the google spreadsheet, and I don’t see the new lines for the people who took the test after 04th May. I redid the test, and my entry shows up as ‘Not answered’.

Do we need to do anything to load previous entries to the spreadsheet?

1 Like

Maybe something needs to get fixed in Zapier or Survey Monkey. I’ll take a look tonight after clinic.

1 Like

Zapier is called on every time a new form is submitted. While we weren’t paying for surveymonkey, zapier was still called, but it was unable to retrieve the actual values.

So the lines in google spreadsheets are… weird. Zapier should have failed, but it didn’t.

I think people will need to redo the test, we can possibly get the users on surveymonkey.

1 Like

Things were a bit messed up in Zapier. I think I got it sorted, but had to manually transfer recent results into the Google sheet. Folks who have taken the quiz recently should get an email and badges should be coming (note that it can take up to 24 hours for badges to process).

At the moment, it looks like things are running again.

3 Likes

Thanks @burke, I have obtained the budge now… just received a notification

2 Likes

Good day, community! I’m also just wondering about how can I progress from a dev Null developer to a dev1. I just complete the quiz once. Do I have to complete anything more? Thank you very much.

hi @pasindur2
You should have Claimed a ticket and submited at least one Pull Request

Well, as much as this badge is supposed to be automatically earned after doing the quiz, it’s not an obvious case with everyone. There are scenarios where by members have done all it takes but still didn’t earn the badge and with no apparent reason for failing to earn it, they are forced to re-do the quiz and some have done over 8 times.

Basing on @pasindur99 account, he has done the ticket and is still working on other tickets and I want to believe he has all it takes to earn the badge and because of one or another reason, he has not earned it within the 24hrs stipulated time. Kindly could there be a way of helping him out?

1 Like

hi @mozzy . I had worked on some tickets including RATEST-207. This is the pr -

And Also I’m currently working on some tickets. I hope those are enough to gain dev/1. Thank you.

Thank you @jwnasambu.

@dkayiwa, @burke kindly at your convenient time! @pasindur2 is missing his Dev1 budge and he doesn’t know why! I believe you can be of help.

2 Likes