Handling pay-before-services in OpenMRS and Bahmni

Let me know if you can access this doc. Refer to the Example 2

i get the “Access Denied” message (an access request have been sent)

Try again. Although I have given you access, try accessing the doc without signing onto google.

thank you, but accessing without my google account still not possible

The best option is to create github pages. but that will take some time for me.

To give updates on this subject:

We have deployed a first version of the OpenMRS Module ERP that queries the ERP and exposes its data via the OpenMRS API. For now it implements Odoo (but is designed to be extendable to other ERPs) and retrieves only Orders and Invoices. See:

(Thanks @zouchine)

We also have started work on displaying what I call the “patient billing status” which is a list of all ordered items found in the ERP for the patient, and their computed approval status, ie, has it been paid or not. Since it is about adding a widget on the Bahmni patient dashboard, this is Bahmni specific.

@angshuonline, I have created the following ticket for it: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/browse/BAH-832

I have started work on this widget and pushed here:

This is very raw at the moment and distributed via the customDisplayControl framework of the Bahmni Config which is not ideal.

For the next steps, I would need some info on:

• how this could be merged in Bahmni Apps (with its Jasmine tests)
  • how to use the available Bahmni CSS styles
  • and also find the right layout for this to be the clearest possible to users.

@angshuonline, @binduak, @mksd, @laxman

4 Likes

This is great stuff, thanks @mksrom and @zouchine for your hard work on this.

1 Like

Thanks @mksrom for sharing this, We will check it out at our end as well and will let you know if any feedback cc: @dipakthapa

@laxman, some progress has been made on the above feature. Still the custom widget is available as a Custom Display Control unfortunately (as opposed to a Control brought by Bahmni Apps directly) in one of our client’s config.

Collapsed:

Expanded:

Feel free to have a look and try it if you want to. https://github.com/CRUDEM/bahmni-config-hsc/blob/master/configuration/openmrs/apps/customDisplayControl/js/customControl.js

1 Like

Thanks @mksrom, we will look into this.

This seems to be a very handy solution for many healthcare facilities. An enhancement of this development would be extremely utilitarian to us. As per the charter of public hospitals, there are 2 types of tests-payable and non-payable tests/services. In case of undertaking payable services, patients must pay off fees entirely as a prerequisite for availing the service. Hence, the payment status needs to be dispatched to OpenElis from Odoo for availing any lab services. This requirement has become an exigency for all ensuing OpenMRS deployments in Bangladesh

Thanks @rakib, that’s interesting to know. However we don’t have on our in-house roadmap to do the same exercise with the LIMS as of yet.

Out of curiosity, have you used the custom display control mentioned by @mksrom though? What about you @laxman? We would be curious to read your feedback about it.

No , Sorry to say , We are not using the display control yet. We will be pleased and helpful if you take a step to do our requirements if possible .

Yes we have tried this solution in our QA, Soon we will be using this in prod, will let you know abt production feedback then.

3 Likes

Great stuff, thanks @laxman. Cc @zouchine.

1 Like

Thanks @mksrom and @zouchine for this work, we have tested and it work well even on prod.

What do you think could be done if also the consultation fee is to be paid along with other bills? and yet is not synced as an order in Bahmni

1 Like

Thanks @mupagasi, great to see you are finding this useful.

Proper way to make this work is to rather have the Consultation fee being synced to Odoo, as this is really missing. I haven’t tried really but you could check using the Concept Attribute of saleable = true to make the Obs synced to Odoo.

kindly assist with this … been installing the erp api module, but getting this error on the dashboard… followed the steps mentioned above…

Hi @jtukey, did you check OpenMRS’ logs for any errors?

@mksd thanks i checked. The problem was the erp.properties file password… (odoo password=password instead of password=admin for v. 0.92)… started the OpenMRS ERP Web API module successfully and a new error has again appeared in relation to customControl.js… currently stuck on this and will appreciate any help.

Thanks.