GSoD 2020 - OpenMRS REST API Documentation

@ayesh dropped you an invitation,kindly check your mail

1 Like

In :smiley:

2 Likes

@ayesh I put up a PR for systemSettings java code samples, and made some changes in the documentation as well since it turns out that few systemsettings are readOnly and cant be modified, I had to add a custom systemsetting to check the updation examples.

@ayesh the demo sever was down so I verified the java examples on qa-refapp server they worked fine I put up a PR for systemInformation package.

You can use either of the three severs here, yesterday only uat-refapp was working https://wiki.openmrs.org/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=113017854#content/view/113017854

1 Like

thanks @rishabh997

@saurabh

can you have a look what is the use of this postman document er and weather we can get use of it ?

1 Like

sure @ayesh It is a tool like swagger documentation with its own custom ways to generate a documentation for APIs. while in swagger they used the openAPI spec construct here they use something like a collection to generate documentation.

@ayesh could you please review this PR for adding samples for another section of resource.

1 Like

@ayesh I have started using the Documentation trello board to track these PRs so I have requested a review there for users section :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @saurabh

Merged already.

2 Likes

Hi @saurabh

How is it going with the java examples :smiley:

@ayesh just had the documentation call with the documentation team and in this phase we are supposed to refine our project ideas more and maybe come up with a timeline so that we can track things better.

@ayesh should we edit the proposal itself and come up with a timeline into it with your suggstions ? :slight_smile:

Sure that sounds great actually.

It’s good if you can come up with a timeline for the project.

1 Like

@ayesh I will prepare a time line on the google doc that I shared as my proposal, i needed some help to get started with the timeline, with some comments there :smiley:

@saurabh could you checkout on the GSOD 2020 wiki page for the time line.

@herbert24 I was referring here to the project timeline , that is an approximate timeline for this project which will help me stay on track for the whole project :slight_smile:

1 Like

so @saurabh the weight of the project I think must go mainly in the below order.

1 st we should complete the java examples because we already started in. 2 nd we should start working on the environment where developers can try out apis from the docs it self. 3rd I would say javascript examples .

1 Like