GSoC 2020 timeline is as below,
- Jan 14, 2020 - Organization Applications Open
- Feb 21, 2020 - Organizations Announced
- Mar 16 - 31, 2020 - Student Application Period
- May 18 - Aug 10, 2020 - Coding Period
- Aug 25, 2020 - Results Announced.
As students wait till Feb 21,2020 For OpenMRS to be announced officially as a mentoring organisation , they can start to work on the Warm-up practices for GSoC 2020.
Warm up practics for GSoC 2020
- If you are new to OpenMRS, spend some time to understand the OpenMRS and its usages around the world.
- Install OpenMRS Reference application with modules and get familiar withOpenMRS SDK .
- Start to learn about OpenMRS architectures and module development techniques .
- Read Developer Guide , Getting Started as a Developer , and ask others in the community if you have questions.
- Learn about OpenMRS Pull Request tips , How to send a Good Pull Request and coding standards .
- Go through the OpenMRS JIRA , and start to work on some tickets. We preferred to work on #community-priority tickets [Get from OpenMRS JIRA ]
- Help to finish the tickets which are waiting for Ref App 2.9 release or Platform releases .
- Be active on OpenMRS talk forum, and help others to solve their issues regarding developments, testings, and deployments.
- Go through the past projects, and start to contribute those projects
- Achieve /dev/1 status. (earn the /dev/null badge and then earn the Smart Developer badge by passing the quiz ).
- Do some code reviews . Reviewing code from others is one of the great ways to learn the OpenMRS code base.
- Do more and more to live with OpenMRS Enjoy …!
- Java based projects (Few are mentioned here, you can get more from JIRA)
- OpenMRS Core
- Webservices REST Module
- Open Web Apps
- Android Client
- EMR API
- System Administration OWA
- Add On Manager OWA
- Built-In Reports OWA
- React UI Components
- Cohort Builder OWA