Google Code-in 2018 [ Week - 5 Progress ]
Hi every one,
We successfully completed five weeks of time for the Google Code-in 2018. I just came up with some statistics for last weeks of Google Code-in progress.
Tasks - Summary
- Total Task Count: 99
- Completed Tasks: 48
- Claimable Tasks: 51
- Total Instance Count: 1499
- Total Students interacted with OpenMRS : 744
- Total Completed Tasks: 877
- Total Abandoned Tasks : 570
- Total Inprogress Tasks : 52
Task counts claimed by students
We have about 76+ students who claimed more than 3 tasks and 41+ students who claimed more than 5 tasks during this five week of time. !
Key Points from the progress and Improvements and Plans for next week
- OpenMRS is getting more and more students to compare with previous years
- Added new tasks from different platforms (Java and Angular).
- Initiated an Idea of GCI Website for 2018. We have added some beginning tasks for this project and reviewing those tasks as a very first step.
- We planned to create more tasks on this GCI website development which can give a real experience to students.
- Plan to create a criteria for winner selection, and it will be out in this talk forum quickly. So students can work to get their chance to be a winner in the comming two weeks.
Instructions for Students
- We don’t encourage students to contact any of our mentors personally (which may have your personal information). So we request you to use common mediums to chat with mentors rather than moving for private conversations.
- Don’t add any unnecessary comments to the GCI dashboard after submitting your work there. It will change your last modified time, and we couldn’t catch you immediately since we will not provide much priority for your work.
- Be active on Talk thread, IRC, and Telegram channel to help others. We can strongly tell that, working on more tasks will not decide the winner in GCI. So you need to be a good community member and active student to reach that point. Good luck students
Disclaimer : We already have dedicated IRC, Telegram channels for the immediate help from the mentors. So we will not encourage students to create talk threads to request for the task reviews . It may reduce the impact on other important treads on OpenMRS talk.
Thanks, everyone for the great support, and we need your support in the future also
If you have any ideas or plans to improve the GCI-OpenMRS, feel free to contact us or post here for the discussions.