Ethiohri: Data migration plan

Hi Burke,

That is correct. @stans and I have managed to meet a couple of times so far. We have agreed to do migration of a person/patient data using REST API starting next week.

2 Likes

Looping in @melkammekonnen @bisratbc @betsegawdegefe

2 Likes

@dagimm & @stans,

We hope all those in Ethiopia are staying safe and doing well.

How is the data migration process going? Any successes? Any blockers?

1 Like

@burke we are making good progress and if you have sometime after this Wednesday, we would like to run it by you for any feedback. FYI @afewerki and @stans

2 Likes

Hi @burke , we think we have reached a milestone, migration of patient demography, and want to demonstrate that to you for feedback and consultation on approaches to take for the clinical data. Please, let me know when you can be available so we can arrange that. FYI @afewerki , @betsegawdegefe @stans

1 Like

@dagimm, I could meet at 2 PM UTC / 9 AM US/Eastern / 5 PM Ethiopia today (17 Nov). If this time works for you, ping me on Slack and we can set up a quick call. FYI – I might be delayed a few minutes if my preceding meeting runs over.

Hi Burke,

Unfortunately the developer who will be doing the demo is on leave for today. Can you please propose a different time?

No worries, @dagimm. After tomorrow, I’m going to be unavailable until 30 Nov. I have a meeting tomorrow (18 Nov) at 1 PM UTC / 8 AM US/Eastern / 4 PM Ethiopia, but would prioritize meeting with you if that time works for you all. Otherwise, I’d suggest we try to communicate asynchronously (e.g., on this thread).

@burke, we can touch base after Nov 30th. In the meantime we will start working on migrating the clinical data. As suggested, we will keep using this thread for communicate until we complete the migration task. FYI @afewerki @betsegawdegefe @bisratbc

3 Likes

Sounds good, @dagimm. If you run into specific questions on how to use the API, please don’t hesitate to ask. You’re not alone and there are many in the OpenMRS community who can help answer questions; it’s one of the benefits of open source. :slight_smile: