Eclipse error while compiling AppointmentSchedulingUI

The only OpenMRS module using bower is Modulus:

(bower.json is the equivalent of pom.xml)

What is ā€œuniqueā€ about this module is that it was written by a ThoughtWorks Brazil and PIH team at a certain point in history, and they were trying to define a better way to write front-end modules.

Itā€™s possible/likely that this makes a bad tradeoff of requiring some new stuff without really adding fancy new front-end capabilities. (Wiki is down so I canā€™t check whether thereā€™s a dev notes page about this.)

So, if someone wants to invest the effort into changing this module to use a different build strategy, thatā€™s okay. But the direction I think it should go is towards common modern front-end technologies (in this case it might be ā€œuse npm, not bower, for dependenciesā€). Even better would be to implement the UI side of this module as an OWA (which would use npm, webpack, etc, as laid out by Rafal and the Soldevelo team). For an angular-heavy UI module, common OpenMRS practice will generally be moving towards more js tools, not towards using maven to replicate them.

(Before anything else, though, Ali should try the two options mentioned in my prior message.)

I faced this issue while building appointmentschedulingui-1.4.0 on my windows machine (win 10 64-bit).

As pointed by @darius, the issue was with the exec-maven-plugin. There was no version defined for the plugin under pom.xml.

Adding <version>1.4.0</version> under exec-maven-plugin definition solved the problem for me and Iā€™m able to build the module without any issues.

1 Like

Hey @themoonraker13 how did you come over this, i tried your formulas by adding the current version of maven plugin like above suggestions but am getting a different error, this time google did not help me but still trying the best with google