Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application

Hello community, there will be a demo/check-in this Wednesday at 15:00 UTC. I would like all parties to confirm availability and see if we can adjust the date or time if need be. Thank you.

cc: @darius , @alexkayabula @dkayiwa, @karuhanga @c.antwi @danuluma @akanter @paynejd @madraja18

@alexkayabula the calls are supposed to be onWednesdays. We just did one Friday call last week because Andy was at a conference?

Sorry, let me change it.

Hey team, clarification on something else. When I update a concept in a collection and later query for concepts in that collection, the concept that is returned here is not the latest version. Is this the expected behavior?

Querying by source gives the expected behavior;

@darius @paynejd

The original concept of collections is that they would be created using a specific version of a concept from a source. That way the user always knows what is going to be included. However, most people have been building collections using the HEAD version of the concept, which theoretically should always bring in the latest version. Not sure why there is a difference in the query method, however.

1 Like

The natural behavior of OCL collections on the back end is that when you add a concept to the collection, this really creates a reference to a specific version of the concept. so if the concept is edited later, the collection does not pick up the change. This is not always what the user wants, but it is the safest behavior.

In our application we want to change the behavior so that when the user edits one of their dictionary’s custom concepts then the dictionary collection is updated with the latest version of that concept. Ideally this would be handled by the back end, but there is no spare capacity to work on it now. I understand that an earlier Andela dev already implemented this functionality on the client side, although I noticed it was buggy in my last round of testing.

(Note that edits to concepts from other sources should not be picked up automatically.)

Does this make sense?

1 Like

When you add the HEAD of a concept, OCL automatically resolves that to the specific concept version and adds that. It’s not currently supported to add an actual reference to a concept’s HEAD.

1 Like

Noted. It would be helpful to indicate this in the api docs.

@paynejd we’d love a response on this as well if possible.

Thanks.

Yes it does @darius. We were looking for the source of the issue and stumbled upon this. Thanks.

Hello Community,

Here is the zoom link to the next demo call

@darius @paynejd @dkayiwa @madraja18 @c.antwi @karuhanga @akanter @alexkayabula @danuluma

Hey @raff, @paynejd , we noticed that occasionally, attempting to remove a concept reference from a collection does not do this, despite an OK message being returned.

Current offending concepts on the qa server;
"/users/admin/sources/553T/concepts/2c3e3972-8cc9-4c12-84bb-68d6b831e7ec/5cd1cf7a5ab3eb01a4855e30/" from 553T
and
/users/admin/sources/520T2/concepts/b01502a1-e3c2-4f47-a479-50b7f00e4d14/5cd2e0315ab3eb01a4856074/ from 520T2

Endpoint: DELETE /users/:user/collections/:collection/references/

thank you. I lost the last one but I hope to participate at the next demo. Happy that you have moved to zoom :slight_smile:

will be at Wednesday, right?

Hello @madraja18, sorry I did not directly answer your question, we expect the next sync to be on Wednesday 15th May 2019

Hi Lincoln- could you please submit this as a ticket in the ocl_issues repo? Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Community, these are the notes to the most recent demo call

MVP

1. Confirm that all class cases match
  2. Occasionally when deleting a custom concept, the backend returns a “success” response but the reference is not deleted

MVP +

1. Occasionally, when creating a concept, a user must refresh for it to appear in the list of created concepts

Other notes:

Post a talk message informing the community that we shall be ready to test soon

cc @akanter @darius @paynejd @madraja18 @alexkayabula @karuhanga @danuluma @c.antwi

Adding to this, here is a link to the demo call

cc @akanter @darius @paynejd @dkayiwa @madraja18 @alexkayabula @karuhanga @danuluma @c.antwi

Hello @darius,

I am looking for a CIEL concept that has multiple levels of references to use as test data for this PR.

I am also looking for a CIEL concept that has both answers and sets as mappings to use as test data for this PR. Any available data would be highly appreciated

cc @paynejd @raff

Hello Community, we shall be having our weekly sync on Wednesday 15th May 2019 at 15:00 UTC. A call link shall be provided one hour to the demo.

cc: @dkayiwa @alexkayabula @c.antwi @akanter @paynejd @karuhanga @danuluma @darius

FYI, I don’t think I will be able to make it tomorrow. I am in California and have an 8:15a pick up.

Hello @akanter when do you think you could be available for a reschedule? Optionally, should we go forward with today’s sync in your absence?

cc: @dkayiwa @alexkayabula @c.antwi @paynejd @karuhanga @danuluma @darius