Configure HL7 message for Orders Radiology

Hi,

Sorry, somehow i missed noticing this thread. Thanks @angshuonline for the nudge :slight_smile:

@rud, regarding your this point

If you are not a developer there isn’t an easy way to do this as right now Bahmni does not send modality name and some other parameters, part of the HL7 request. (I had suggested adding this but it didn’t get prioritised in the product roadmap that time). Since the places i have implemented this, there was only digital radiology that was involved, i had setup ‘CR’ as the default modality in dcm4chee. Additionally i had also setup Default Station Name and Default Station AET. These default values can be done through the jmx console of dcm4chee (Go to ip:8055/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor → Select service=HL7Service,type=ORM under dcm4chee.archive). I have updated this in this wiki page. I will put in the blog as well. For dealing with multiple modalities i think you will to do some mapping in the xsl file which transforms the HL7 message to dcm4chee entry.

If you are a developer, this is the code you can refer to see what attributes Bahmni is sending right now. If you have capacity and interest to fix it in the product, the community would be happy to receive the contribution. As a simplistic solution one can use either concept attributes or reference term to associate modality with each order. In a bigger setting same order could go to different modalities based on department and would require a more sophisticated solution. As a starting step, you can begin a design discussion as another thread on this forum.

Hi @webster, honestly the integration was a slightly complex work as multiple systems were involved. Till the point of dcm4chee, based on the experience we have tried to put things out of the box on which Bahmni can take an opinion and left certain things open and documented where it could vary by implementation. And i tried to share the experience and demystify it through the blog as best as i could. I hope you also referred to the wiki page which was linked from the blog as i didn’t want redundancy. Was the places you failed to setup same as Gwad or you faced some other difficulties. If you can point to specific gaps, i can try to fix them in the blog or wiki wherever appropriate.

1 Like