Cohort Module Enhancements

Thanks for input on this @ssmusoke. Hope you have fairly good idea of existing cohort module. Some initial discussion is here:

This was build as a GSoC 2015 project by @sharonvarghese. What Platform does not provide is capturing encounters and obs for non-patients or group of people, i.e., households, participants for a cohort etc.

This included adding additional tables for encounter, and obs specifically for cohorts (with best efforts to utilize existing tables for individual patient`s data management). This all was achieved, i.e., architecture and REST based services for that. But due to shortage of time, work on UI i.e. allowing data entry (Through HFE module) and management (with good and appealing UI) was planned to be done as a next phase i.e. GSoC 2016.

We are not aiming for reporting but on providing best possible UI for data managment (insertion, view, update) for cohorts (ex households) and cohort members (patients) as well. We have integration with reporting module in plan but that is last priority (extra credit feature). I hope we would be able to achieve this as well in current project.

You are right that for building querying and data export infrastructure we should build it on top of existing reporting module. This is something we can look into 2nd phase i.e. post midterm evaluation.

1 Like