Best approach for having Patient ID card in OpenMRS 2x and RefApp 2x

@mafrica i completely agree about the trickiness without seeing the visual representation on the design surface. Keep reminding me to look into that. Thanks for the spirit of sharing with other folks! :slight_smile:

I have uploaded an image through file menu. then i placed the same name of file as it is uploaded in External Source field. it worked for me.

Just for better usage, it should work in 3 ways,

1. there should be brows button next to “External Source” field which will show all the files uploaded using menu File>Upload file.
  2. or we place the external URL in this field.
  3. we should be able to pass this link through a “Design Items”. I mean the data source. suppose we can upload the patient photo and we want to print it in ID Card. In database, photo url will be stored. so if we place {photo_url} in “External Source” then patient image should be displayed.

Also, Can we upload the patient profile photo in OpenMRS 2x?

I do not seem to understand the last question.

I mean How to upload the patient Photo in OpenMRS 2x?

Is this of any help? How do I upload and view a patient image in OpenMRS 2?

The patent image module is not working in OpenMRS 2x. but I read your comments in this post that you have fixed this module but not uploaded in modulus.

Suppose we have uploaded patient image, then how to show/print that image in Patient ID card?

@darius: Can you please grant @dkayiwa the permission to upload in modulus?

@hpardess download it from https://openmrs.jfrog.io/openmrs/modules/org/openmrs/module/patientimage-omod/1.1/patientimage-omod-1.1.jar

Remember to rename “patientimage-omod-1.1.jar” to “patientimage-1.1.omod” before you can install.

How to show/print patient image in Patient ID card?

Have you already attached an image to the patient?

That was logo and a fix file name was saved in report template. But patient photo url will be stored in database and we can get that in datasource of report.

So how to use datasource variable to show the patient photo in report?

Can you try attach such a photo for a patient at? qa-refapp.openmrs.org Then create a dataset that has it.

Patient Image 1.1 is not working.

That was an alert generated and stored from the first attempt that you made with 1.0. So just Mark it as Read. If you check the module list, you should see that it started and is running.

So we can not use this module in RefApp 2x.

What do you mean by that?

Upload button does not exist in legacyUI.

Also in RefApp 2x i dont see button or option to upload the patient image.

You can create a ticket for that. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Tickets

I can not login to create ticket. I already sent an email to help desk and waiting for their reply.

@ssmusoke: Could you please create a ticket to upload/view patient image in RegApp 2x?

I get following error which is caused by Patient Image Module.

How to produce this error:

1. Open a visit
  2. Then click on patient name to return to patient dashboard
  3. Then you will see above error message

Thanks @hpardess for reporting this. I have fixed it and updated the server.