Bahmni Patient Tagging Module (Outreachy 2018)

@ssmusoke @mksd and others interested, i am completely inline with your thoughts around trying to leverage and build upon existing work rather than doing stuff for scratch. We (I, @vinay and @smartyrad) already had the plan to review the generic tagging module and have done that.

The findings from a spike @smartyrad did are already shared by her.
While its designed keeping in mind how the tagging functionality generally is used on blogs, etc, that is type any string against an entity and it would be tagged with that, its not inline with the usecase and how we have thought the functionality as (usecase detailed in this openmrs talk thread). Like it doesn’t have the ability to have predefined tags or user-scoping of tags, etc. The difference in use-cases also makes me think if we should call this “lists” instead of “tags” but that’s a minor change. While the existing module can act as a good starting point and can definitely be modified and extended to meet these use-cases, i am not sure if everyone and the owner of the module (if there is one) would be open to that as there might be some divergence as well from existing behaviour.

How do you guys suggest moving forward? While we have decided to fork the project and proceed for now, shall we discuss this in the Bahmni PAT call this Wednesday? Its done part of a internship project, so we have limited time at hand.