Bahmni and the CIEL dictionary

Good question! I forgot to mention in my first post that in this thread I’m talking about using the complete CIEL dictionary.

The primary way that people get the CIEL dictionary today is by downloading a complete SQL dump from dropbox, and overwriting their concept* tables. This makes it impractical to have your own local concepts and also take updates to CIEL. And in this thread I’m just looking at that “take all of CIEL” workflow.

In the bigger picture, we would like to use OCL so that (1) an implementation can take a subset of CIEL combined with their own custom concepts (using a Collection), and (2) implementations can start by forking a “Bahmni starter set”.

I wrote about this a year ago in another thread (Using OCL to Manage Bahmni Concepts) but sadly we have not made much visible progress since then.

This was also discussed a couple days ago in a thread started by AMPATH here: What is workflow OCL uses for updating a local OpenMRS implementation? - #7 by darius

I’ve heard anecdotally that the OCL Subscription module for OpenMRS is currently broken, because it has not yet been updated to handle some recent changes in OCL. And I think that @raff was going to be looking into that. Rafal, any comments on (a) whether things are broken, and (b) when/how they might get fixed?