Atlas Module Enhancements GSoC 2016 Project

@pascal @janflowers

I am creating this thread to start the discussion regarding Atlas Module/Server enhancements project.

There is a comment on wiki page by @burke regarding some new requirements to be considered. Please give your insight into it and I request you all to reply here if anything to be discussed regarding this project.

Project Wiki Page : https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Atlas+Module+Enhancements

4 Likes

Hi @shekhar! Glad you’re joining the project. I think we need to talk over what we want to do with this project. There are a few differing opinions out there for what should happen to Atlas, but ultimately, it’s up to the three of us to decide what we are doing for the GSOC timeline and it’s up to you to decide what approach you want to propose. Both @pascal and I want you to work on what you are most excited about! In addition, we will be hoping to use what you build here for our program in Mozambique, so we may have some ideas about what functions would be useful.

3 Likes

Hi @janflowers @pascal

Sorry for replying a bit late to this thread (University Exams :frowning: ).

Firstly,I thank you for granting me this chance to apply my knowledge and skills to enhance the Atlas and I am very excited to start working on this project under your guidance. :slight_smile:

I would love that!! :slight_smile:

could you please elaborate them here.

3 Likes

Here’s an interesting thread for you to read over that contains some additional ideas around how to do this, requirements we may want to consider, as well as, some existing work similar to the system performance and usage monitoring tools that have been worked on in the past GSOC projects (I think you have seen those in the project proposal, yes? Let me know if not, and I’ll include those here).

2 Likes

hello @janflowers @pascal

I have gone through the thread in the above post, it is concluded that we should generate a plain text that is to be handled by the Nagios. For this, we have to generate the plain text at the implementers side which we want to track down. I have to clarify following queries

1. To generate the plain text we want to hack the atlas module and not the atlas server, right? and could you mention some info regarding the further steps on how to do this?

2. As the first objective is concerned we have to show the stats on the atlas, so the question is what is the data that should be represented statistically on atlas.(my assumption is that the info provided in the bubble)

A friendly reminder that all communications must be public. [Here is the recording] (https://www.uberconference.com/getmp3/AMIfv94SZeqx47r9oJXcIcvFCMUBQDGSA7XRcoMktVfNgVbYVXt-qUhf6qlt14F8n9NC3d5SLrXVCzkllhHF8tO9xaD58eBKUp2O5LdF1QR8bFePFV96XGZ-_TneKzMQ9FaakjOS-qFRWZ53SEx7qXC-gdBETXsTnA.mp3?download=1) that @shekhar requested from @helpdesk.

For information on this policy see @michael’s post on this matter.

1 Like

Continue all discussion on this post.