Apply for DIAL OSC Catalytic Grant? (May 2018)

done

done

I did in the “Please describe the risks” section. I would like to figure that out with the community as I dont know for sure what the best approach is. Either we just pick the reference application or we create our own list/distro of modules (what are the most commonly used modules?). And yes, we could additionally do opt-in to reach out/work together with module devs. This way they could also directly benefit from for ex. Junit 5, …

Most commonly used modules looks right. As in those which are used by almost every distribution, like emrapi, webservicesrest, fhir, owa, idgen, etc

@teleivo I spoke with @darius late last week and offered to help get a budget setup for the submission (since he is out on holiday this week and next). Would you like to work on that together? Or any other aspect to prepare for the submission? What can I do to help? :slight_smile:

Hi @janflowers, we have until the 15th and I dont have much time. The

Amount Requested: (US Dollars, maximum $25,000)

is not yet filled out. Would you be able to fill that in?

I can add you to the editors of the proposal I wrote, if you send me your email.

Also I dont know who is going to submit the form, if I should do it I would like to submit on the 14th to make sure we dont miss the deadline.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I’ve made some comments on the document about how to phrase amount of FTE needed and over what timeframe each activity would occur (in months). I’m looking for input/edits from others. It would be really helpful if someone could list out how much dev & QA FTE is needed for each task and how many months we are proposing to work on it with that level of FTE. Then I can write up a quick narrative about the budget requested for @teleivo to submit the proposal. :slight_smile:

Time is short, so…Help?

I have added my estimations. At anyone, feel free to double check/question them. However, we should hand in tonight!

1 Like

Proposal successfully submitted with @teleivo as the contact. Thanks to everyone for the ideas and contributions! We’ll see what happens. :slight_smile:

Either way - we should consider adding these things into our roadmap and finding partners to help spearhead the work.

Awesome :smile:

Thanks @teleivo, @janflowers and anyone else who contributed to this!

1 Like

Yes, thanks @teleivo and @janflowers!

1 Like

The DIAL Open Source Center informed me that our proposal was not selected. :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks a lot to @darius for pointing me to the grant and @janflowers for all your work!

This should not stop us from doing the work to improve OpenMRS :slight_smile: And we can still apply for a grant in another round.

2 Likes

Thanks @teleivo for the communication. Did they tell you the reason why? Am asking simply for self evaluation, just in case there is something we need to improve on.

no explanation. I asked for feedback and will let you know if I get any.

1 Like

How it went? Did they send any reply?