I’d like to respond to some of these points in the notes regarding the infra team, my comments are the second level of the bulleted list.
- Jan and Pascal were talking about bringing more people on to the OpenMRS Infrastructure Team.
- Pascal is doing onboarding with Robby next week and thought it would be helpful to Maurya is doing work on infrustructure and would like to have him present on next weeks call
- Thanks for keeping me in the loop…with regards to Maurya…
- Paul was seeing some people asking to take part in infrastructure and being told they are too new
- Experience matters. That is unless you want servers compromised and your services to go down. So yes, experience matters, so if somebody is too new, and we know nothing, i’m not handing them access to production systems. It’s basic security here.
- Think we need to have a call with the infrastrucutre team so we can all get on the same page
- No calls will happen. Keep it public. We’re in different time-zones. it is becoming crystal clear that you wanna make decisions without us. I don’t wanna join a weekly phone call, I hate being on the phone. While I appreciate what @burke is doing, it’s not helping us by keeping us in the dark and making decisions on our behalf. I apologize for the tone here, but this is something that I have asked to be kept in the loop about and have not been and am quite frankly getting annoyed.
- 30-40 servers for OpenMRS hosted at IU for free - CAITS group here at IU maintain this
- Great, again why I was I not kept in the loop – this all hidden in etherpad. None of us are kept in the loop, this is bad.
- Leadership is looking to grow the Infrastructure Team
- I’d love that – but don’t get desperate and take anyone who offers…we need experience. We will deny people who are new – they need to show what they have to offer…and establish trust.
- Next Steps - Burke is going to work to schedule a call about dev ops support
- Great, Could you include us?
Please stop doing things on the infra team’s behalf without including us.
While I appreciate @maurya coming onboard, nobody spoke to ANY of us – @maany, myself, anyone. He’s documenting things blindly. What is he documenting? He’s not even in the Infra chat, nor does he know much about the infra team structure or how we do things…so I’m just confused here. UberConference is not open, nor is it public.