Where to find uploaded files via HTML forms

I added an upload option in a HTML forms as mentioned in the below link

https://wiki.openmrs.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36668565

I want to find if the file has been uploaded properly at least how to get it back. How can I verify this?

Hi @akshika47,

There should be a /complex_obs directory inside your OpenMRS directory (at the same level as the /modules directory and the openmrs-runtime.properties file). That is where the complex data is saved by default and where you would find listed your uploaded files.

I assume that there must be some 1.x UI page(s) where to view those though, but I don’t know where it would be either. As for the 2.x UI, note that we are working on a Visit Documents UI module whose aim is precisely that: providing a UI to view & manage complex obs. It is about to enter its early feedback alpha phase. If you are interested, I could ping you again in a week or so to play around with it. It is designed to remain flexible but is initially focusing on images.

Thank you very much. I will check this and let you know. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I am uploading two photos

1. the place where I have the modules folder
  2. the place where I have the run time properties file.

Yet I am unable to find the complex obs folder though :frowning:

It’s a /modules directory (plural, not ‘module’, the first screenshot that you showed is def the wrong place). I am not sure what happens on Windows but this is what happens on Unix-like systems: OpenMRS creates a hidden directory named .OpenMRS (the prefixed dot hiding the dir on Unix systems) right in the home folder of the user that is launching Tomcat.

I haven’t used Windows in years but I think that this dir would then be hidden at the same level as those: ‘Documents’, ‘Downloads’, ‘Music’… etc. Look for a hidden ‘OpenMRS’ directory there, and inside of it you would find the content described in my other message. Note that I cannot guarantee anything under Windows, I am just telling you where things would be if the same things happens on Windows than what happens on Unix systems.

This is the openmrs standalone version, therefore everything should be inside the same folder right??

Presumably, yes.

What about this appdata folder? That sounds like a place where everything might be. The add-on modules must be packaged with it, so there must be a modules folder somewhere.

This is inside the appdata folder, there is the modules folder but no complex-obs :confused:

Ok, yes that’s the place. You have a person_images dir though, could that be the one?

It seems that it is set as the default dir by EMR API.

If that is the case, I am very unlucky since there are no saved files :frowning:

In the wiki article you pointed to, did you set the handler as ImageHandler in part 1.4?

I think I did. Let me check and let you know. :slight_smile:

Debug the save complex obs method and you’ll find out really fast

Can I debug the standalone version? :open_mouth:

@akshika47 instructions for running the standalone in debug mode can be found here: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+Standalone