Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hey everybody,

My name is Kevin Burnett. I recently joined a team writing modules for OpenMRS called OpenHMIS. We’re based out of Nairobi, Kenya, and I just moved here from Texas in the US. I’ll be working a little indirectly with OpenMRS, but I’m still anxious to get to know the project and help make the world a better place.

justin, were you able to log onto Jira?

Hi Michael, I’m a Computer Engineering undergraduate student of University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I’m Interested in to face challenging problems and find solutions for them. And I have also interest about open source and would like to do some project and get more experience.

Hello @nimasha Welcome and there is alot you can do, just click here and follow aco-ordingly :smile:

Hi there,

I’m Menuka Nayanadeepa Weerasooriya. Yeah I know it’s too long :sweat_smile:! So just say Menuka. Anyway I’m from Sri Lanka, an undergraduate Computer Engineering student at University of Peradeniya. I’d love to contribute OpenMRS cz I like to help people who are with health problems in the world and also to be a part in an Open Soucre project. I am good at Java. But not a professional.

So, I am very excited to be in this community, and I cannot wait to experience what this community has for me and what I can contribute to it.

Hi! My name is Anjali. I am a web developer and automation testing engineer. I was a GSoC student in 2015 and 2016 where I worked on building an automation testing framework. Currently, I work on web technologies both on client and server side. Looking forward to start contributing in OpenMRS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m Iranga Navaratna, a computer engineering undergraduate from the University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I am happy to start working with OpenMRS. I have been coding in Java for sometime now and this is my first contribution to an open source project.
Cheers!

Hi everyone! I’m Katrina Prosise.

I’ve just recently started working on helping out implement openMRS for a non-profit as a summer job, primarily to set up reporting for now.

My computer background: Linux user for 19 years, with a little bit of system administration stuff here and there. I was a Computer Science major, but in my junior year switched to Environmental Science with minors in Systems Science and Computer Science. I’m more experienced in low level, backend programming, data structures, and simulation modelling, so a lot of the web application environment and tools used in OpenMRS are new to me.

Before returning to school, I worked for 6 years as a counsellor at a large homeless housing and mental health outreach organization, where I had experience using clinical record software as a user, and would occasionally help our IT team troubleshoot issues and set things up at new facilities.

While I’m currently working simply on implementing, in the future I would love to contribute the OpenMRS project and community!

1 Like

Hi, I am an undergraduate at University of Peradeniya, currently enrolled in the computer engineering degree program. I have gained some skills working with JAVA and MySQL.This is my first attempt at contributing to an open source project and I hope to make it a successful one.

Welcome @rangana to OpenMRS, follow this guide it will help you.Click here:smile:

Welcome @iranga to this World.Have you gone through this http://om.rs/gettingstarted If you havent please do it will be helpfull to you.:smile:

Welcome @menudev here is the way to go just click

Hi everyone, I’m Nadeesha Maduman Amarasinghe from Sri Lanka, and I’m an undergraduate in computer Engineering ,University of Peradeniya . I impressed motto that “Write Code Save Lives” So I selected OpenMRS project as my open source project of software Engineering course. This is my first contribution of open source project, so I would like to help, Save Lives using my coding knowledge and also to improve my abilities and coding skills. I like to join the open MRS community and like to do my best effort to make OpenMRS better… :slight_smile:

Thank you nadeesha

ooh thank you bro. i was just confuse coz i was not seeing wea to type and i was stuck. but am so delighted to join this new community…a new family from now

Called Mutesasira Moses, did industrial Engineering and management from kyambogo university. well i ve worked on few database projects in java but i hope ill improve my programming experience while here with u guys. am so delighted to join u …and really i know am going to enjoy coding as we make HEALTH BETTER

Thank you @ddmaker.

Hello all. I’m a retired programmer, and I’m Project Leader on a free, Open Source Computer-Aided-Dispatch (CAD )application, Tickets CAD by name with project home at www.ticketscad.org

I’m considering writing a version of this CAD as an OpenMRS module, and I would like very much to hear from someone with experience or interest in such. Especially re any need for such a module, and whether there’s any history or similar existing module.

I’m USA-based, with experience in PHP, JavaScript, MySQL, as well as the older programming languages. Java would be new to me however. Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

Hi, I am just starting to know this app. I am not really familiar with Spring and Angular so I hope u guys can help me if I don’t understand something while coding. Thanks!

Hello @nadeesh19, @mozzy, @shoreas, @kuteri,

Warm welcome to you from me on behalf of OpenMRS community. I’m so greateful to see the willingness of you. If you want to know what we are doing here, you can have a look at organization webpage.

Whether you are a developer or not, you can always contribute to OpenMRS. Follow this link to know how you can be a part of OpenMRS. :grinning:

Regards, Jude Niroshan

Thanks Paul. My name is Kisakye Moses and I’m happy to join this openMRS team, I like programming so much, eager to advance through researching and become productive in the community. please am ready to be mentored, And now am a new developer and i want to start working on any module or ticket, but am asked to first install openMRS SDK, trying to do so , again asked to creat a server and Add developed project to watched projects on server, please advise me.