Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi i’m Caden Lewis doing the GCI contest. I enjoy electronics but mostly video games. I am 13 years old and I believe that I have a good sense of humor! :smile: I think that the OpenMRS ID could be used for this chat right here, help on projects, and to just get to know each other. The benefits of this chat is you can get help from mentors or even random people that can be really good help to what ever your working on!

Hello everyone, I am Shawen from Singapore currently studying in Dunman High School. I am 14 this year and I have been using OpenMRS since 2015. I feel that OpenMRS is an awesome platform to know more people that have the same interest in supporting the delivery of health care and sharing our own opinions with others.

Thank you.

I am a former/retired IT/management consultant working as a volunteer to help establish a free maternity hospital in Arusha Tanzania.

After trying a couple of other open source solutions I am hoping I now have found the right solution in openmrs.

I have developed about 50 paper forms that represent the desired information needs of the clinical staff and am in the process of deciding which can/should be implemented within openmrs initially and how we might eveolve in the future.

Technically I have installed the current (2.0) reference app under Xampp on a small windows system. This seems to work fine for the discovery and configuring work. My first issue seems to be a conflict between the rererence app and the add on modules that I have tried to install Tribe and Custom Messages.

Is this a known problem and are there suggestions as what to do?

Welcome @mafrica :slight_smile: Since this is a thread for just introductions, do you mind starting a new thread for the problem you are having. Then we shall respond from there.

Hi all ,I am Deepak Singh ,Java Developer with 3.5 years off experience in j2ee,spring Hibernate ,RestWeb services. Looking forward to learn more things and contribute to this community.

Hi, I am Sohel Sarder from Bangladesh a software developer and development team manager. I have installed and used openMRS several times and quiet familiar with its database. I guess i partially understand how it works. I have explored few of its module codes too. But i am very new to this community and first time engaging myself at such a massive open source project and large number of knowledgeable people, pretty sure need to learn a lot about community practices, norms and standards. I have taken a lot of help from this community and I wish I will find something to do where i will have a chance to contribute.

1 Like

Hey All , Kunal here :slight_smile: . A Computer Science Major Student at Birla Institute of Technology and Science ( BITS ) , Goa Campus , India. Just came across OpenMRS community and the social cause interests me alot. Hoping to make an impact by my tiny contributions and gain some hands on development experience!

1 Like

My Name is Jude but you can call me 396 Where you’re from, Texas, USA What you found interesting about Google Code-in and/or OpenMRS, That you can win a trip to Google. I know only three languages currently haha thats it im 13 and I know Java Javascript and html!

1 Like

Hello everyone,My name is Sarthak Agrawal,participent of gci MY task is to create instructional video on openmrs release process.I have been waiting for more than 48 hrs for my mentor to reply.Please see into the matter other mentors

1 Like

Hey everyone!

I am Reuben Varghese and I am currently doing my undergraduate studies at Vellore Institute of Technology

Why Open-Source and OpenMRS :

I have been contributing to open source since 9th grade.By the 11th grade I had become quite familiar with the android OS and the linux kernel.My contributions have helped many other developers on the XDA developer communtiy. I basically contributed by modifying various boot images of different operating systems being developed for my phone.I never knew that I was unknowingly into open source but all I know is that I loved it.In the 11th grade lost touch with this community due to some reasons.After that I learned about Github and the different ways I could contribute to reach out to a much larger community.

I have always wanted my contributions to help in the betterment of the people around me. In such a case what better way to help but contribute to a Github organisation with a similar aim!

About me:

I am 19 years old and I am from India.I love coding and it is what I do most of the time :grinning: I have worked on a few projects and have also taken part in few hackathons as well.I am basically an android developer but I also have a good command over web development as well.

Some of my projects include:

A research portal for my campus where all the teachers and students can submit their research papers.The aim of this project is to promote free flow of knowledge using the power of the internet. I am also currently developing a placement app for my campus and also developing an app concerning the safety of women as part of my winter project. I am also into freelancing and have worked on a few projects from around the globe where I had to basically help in the development of Taxi booking app. My work might not be that great I know but I would be more than happy if this even remotely helps someone in need.

Profiles: Github, LinkedIn

1 Like

Hi, I’m Thuvarakan. I am currently pursuing Computer Science and Engineering at University of Moratuwa, and I’m in third year. I would like start working with open source communities.

I am fluent in java programming and beginner level learner in spring framework. Looking forward to learn and contribute to the community.

1 Like

good to see you Jude 396

Opensource Project follower and user, Unix Lover, Openmrs User and Bahmni implementer in Nepal

Hello everyone, I’m Piyush. I am currently pursuing my undergrad in computer science at VIT, and i’m in my senior year. Belonging to a family of doctors I was always very keen about healthcare services and always wanted to help my parents with that. recently I got to know from a friend @bholagabbar that I can do that even by contributing to communities like openmrs and with what I do I could help the people not just around me but around the entire globe. I hope you all will help me start and help me achieve my potential. I have worked with java in the past and also familiar with the oops concept but I am new to spring and will have a look at it soon. Looking forward to a great collaboration ahead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, My name is Mayank Jindal. I am junior undergraduate student currently studying at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. I want to take part in Gsoc-2017.
I have knowledge of Android app development, JAVA, C, C++, Python and Web development. I am very enthusiastic to learn new skills which would be required. Kindly guide me to proceed further.

2 Likes

Hello @sameerawiicks your welcome and you have made the right choice. Have you read through this page? http://openmrs.org/join-the-community/developers/

1 Like

Am excited to see you on this platform @mayank.:smile: Hope these pages will get you to the next step. http://openmrs.org/join-the-community/developers/ https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

Welcome! your name sounds rather familiar :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.My name is Sarthak Agrawal. Participants of gci. It is more than 50 hrs.Then also my mentor is not giving any answer.Please help me other mentors

HI! This is my first GCI and I’m having a great time!

2 Likes