Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello i am Yannis a lawyer from Greece and hope i can expand my knowledge via interacting with your fine community!

1 Like

Hello,

I am James, I’m mostly a hobbyist when it comes to programming but I’d like to become involved in something more. This looks like an awesome place to get started!

1 Like

Hello, I am Lawrence. I am an analyst programmer in Hong Kong Hopital Authority several years. Joining this community can help me to widen my horizon and working with different culture seems to be an amazing thing to me :smiley:

1 Like

Good day everyone! I Victoria and i am final year Btech Software Engineering student. I am developing a mobile pregnant scanner application for remote areas. Thus i am here and really need your help.

1 Like

@emekaaliu would u need to be added to the ugandaEMR mailing list

ndahafas■■■■■■■■■■

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings from Bhubaneswar, India!

At the outset I would like to congratulate the entire OpenMRS team for the great work being done.

Please allow me to introduce myself as Narasingha Panigrahi, an electrical engineer with a decade of experience working in the IT sector with companies such as Tech Mahindra, Deloitte, IBM and SAP Labs as a SAP CRM Technical Consultant. I have always been interested in using technology to drive innovation and trans formative change in the public sector for public good. To pursue this interest, I have started on my entrepreneurial journey, working as a Director at Siddha Development Research and Consultancy Pvt Limited, a for profit social enterprise that works on enabling social change initiatives. SDRC works across three verticals, Social Research, Capacity Building and Developing technology solutions for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of social development projects.

We engage with development agencies to help implement low cost open source technologies for efficient collection, collation and analysis of data to help decision makers derive in depth insights related to the implementation of the programmes. We have implemented social change initiatives in Health, Education, Child Protection, WASH sectors working with development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, Worldbank, Trocaire, PwC, Asian Development Bank and many other NGOs. Over the last 6 years of its existence SDRC has implemented more than 40 projects in geographies such as India, Palestine, Philippines, Africa, USA, and Europe. We have a 40 member strong team stationed at our headquarters, located in Odisha, one of the most underdeveloped states of India. We are attempting to a global player in the development sector while working out of a difficult environment.

In terms of technology, we have a strong focus on leveraging open source technologies like ODK, Spring , Android, Angular JS, D3 JS, Ionic and other frameworks for implementing our social change initiative programs. We have pioneered in changing the way EVM(Effective Vaccine Management) programme is implemented in India by automating the collect , collate, analyze cycle using open source technologies. We have been able to drastically reduce the time required to complete the EVM assessment across health facilities in multiple states of India, and help in more efficient planning and decision making.

I invite the community to visit our website at www.sdrc.co.in , to know more about the work we are doing.

We are seeking to engage with wider open source communities to help multiply our impact by collaborating with experts in Health information systems and contribute towards a future where information systems used for public health are as effective and efficient as the private sector.

I would be eager to learn from the community and explore possibilities of implementing OpenMRS and related technologies to the several use cases that we encounter during our interaction with several development partners.

Thank you and congratulations every one for the wonderful work being done through OpenMRS.

Regards, Narasingha Panigrahi narasingha@sdrc.co.in www.sdrc.co.in +91-9124777722

2 Likes

@emekaaliu welcome on board. do you mind joining the Uganda OpenMRS community? If you are interested kindly write to us on ugandaemr@googlegroups.com

Hello List,

This is Brajesh Murari, I am computer application post graduate from Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa, India. I am new to open source community. I am very much interested in contributing to open source and especially to openMRS. I am looking forward to have a mentor and start contributing in openMRS.

Brajesh Murari (+91)-9430124938

1 Like

Next week??? :smiley:

Hi! Our company is developing methods for extracting more accurate and accessible results from the world’s medical information using ai text and statistical analytics for commercial and non-commercial use.

We’re a small team of doctors and information professionals

This is a wonderful site

1 Like

Hello, my name is Pushkaraj. I am very grateful to be part of OpenMRS family . Love working with people around the world and helping out as much as i can. I am currently studying Computer Science in Mumbai,India. All a part of grand vision in which I hope I can implement Artificial Intelligence in our everyday life and make our lives simple.

1 Like

Hi I am an ICT consultant and developer implementing Healthcare informatics on Africa…based in Johannesburg but servicing the continent.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, My name is Pranav. I came to know about OpenMRS while I was browsing on the internet and after reading what it is all about, I thought of join this community to contribute in it with the knowledge I have. I am java developer.I read the openmrs document ,I think I can contribute in application development, I have good knowledge of java ,spring and hibernate. Can someone guide me as a mentor for starting with the project.

Thanks, Pranav

1 Like

already sent you a mail please check through thank you,aliuaaron■■■■■■■■■■

sorry been busy but could we get another day so you come to our robotics labs at www.fundibots.org

the right site is www.fundibots.org

Hello, I was ‘exposed’ to OpenMRS some years ago, in Vietnam, where I participated in a FOSS conference (well, I believe in FOSS :slight_smile: ) Hm, I am technical PM for software projects, and at this moment a colleague is involved in setting up a small clinic in Africa (… maybe he will introduce himself and his ideas :slight_smile: … and I remembered the OpenMRS. Hopefully we can contribute to it.

1 Like

Hi! My name is Niha. I stumbled upon Open MRS when looking at Google Summer of Code and instantly became attracted to its mission to improve health-care delivery. I’m a newbie programmer with experience in Java and am looking forward to hopefully contribute as a developer so I can build on my skills while also helping a great cause.

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Peri Subrahmanya, a Solutions Architect with over a decade of experience in Java software development and DevOps. I have been working for the last six years in building open source solutions primarily for the education domain and over the course of time have successfully developed and implemented solutions utilizing popular open source stacks.

I am looking forward to contributing to this project and to meet some of you virtually.

Thanks -Peri

1 Like