Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi everyone I’m Kouokam Yohane. I’m studying software engineering in the College of Technology of the University of Buea in Cameroon. I’m really interested in OpenMRS and I’ll like to be a contributor of such an amazing software. I look forward working with you all.

1 Like

Hi @catherinemariecoy! Your interest in OpenMRS and assisting with technical project management is surely something OpenMRS could benefit from. Is technical project management something you currently do or have previous experience in?

Hi Jamie!

I have project management skills in the field of biotech but am looking to jump into high tech.

thanks! Catherine

2 Likes

Hi again,

Please let me know how I might get involved. I would love to start listening to meetings to get a feel for how technical projects are managed. My guess is that the skills are similar across fields. I am currently learning a programming language called Python in addition to learning computer basics like hardware and software terminology etc. My boyfriend is a software architect at Microsoft and therefore I do have frequent tech field exposure.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 206-304-0088 (PST).

thanks! Catherine

1 Like

@catherinemariecoy glad to have you as part of our community. Your timing is great. We hold weekly OpenMRS developer forums and this week we are talking about the technical roadmap. Check out the Talk post below for details and please don’t hesitate to reach out to me on here with any questions.

2 Likes

Great, thanks Jamie!

hello everyone!! Am David Zawadi who just completed his degree level in software engineering. I am glad to join this community and looking forward to contribute more with the knowledge and skills i have.

1 Like

Hello Community Users, I’m basically from Pentaho BI background. I got an opportunity to explore OPEN MRS System.

2 Likes

I am a Healthcare professional and Java Hobbiest. I know a bit about JSF and Ubuntu. Found the project very interesting. Trying to install OpenMRS (bahmni). Regards, Umair

1 Like

Hi Eric,

Are you still with UPM-NTHC?

Hey my name is Jarvin Mutatiina. I am a four year student doing software engineering at Makerere University in Uganda.I am new to the community and I am excited to be part of it.

3 Likes

Welcome @jarvin you will love it here

Hi Val,

Yes, I am still with the National Telehealth Center, University of the Philippines Manila.

Hi Catherine,

I’m trying to help collect the PM’s/BA’s and maybe Product Owner like individuals and build a process or way to get engaged. To be honest we don’t have a clear way for that at the moment other than what you’ve done (by speaking up, good job!)

So far as I know at the moment myself, @ddesimone are the known people in these roles (please speak up if you are as well, always looking for more interested people) If your interested in helping put together that process while helping find you a good project to get started on I know I would appreciate it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for writing back!

Yes, I would love to help to start a process and then to help you both with project management.

Please let me know a good time for us all to chat. I am located in Seattle, WA and am in Pacific Standard Time.

thanks! Catherine

1 Like

Hallo zusammen, ich heiße James Ndemou and ich bin Student in Medizin Informatik. Ich habe für meine Bachelorarbeit Openmrs verwendet und bis heute will ich weiter lernen. Ich hoffe hier wird der richtige Ort dafür :slight_smile:

So i will now introduce myself in englisch… My englisch ist really bad, thats why i actually did it in german, because i live here. So i will like to learn more about openmrs in thos community and be helpfull for another person. Thanks, Yohan

Hi. My name is Ateeb. I am a senior at Queens College looking to develop a module for openMRS as part of a college course. The course has arranged for me to work in a team of 3 - 4 people, and we will have around 3 - 4 months to finish our project.

I want to contribute something useful to the community and the software. If anyone has any ideas on what we should focus our attention on, please let me know.

Thank You and I look forward to being part of this community.

3 Likes

Welcome to Kampala i happen to have been working with OpenMRS implements and developers in Kampala in collaboration with thoughtworks Uganda for sometime now one Under the google summer of code we had Kaweesi Joseph who introduced me to OpenMRS and currently i work with a robotics organisation in Kampala www.fundibots.org

1 Like

Guys let me when we can meet up since we are all in Kampala will be glad thanks and kind regards

2 Likes

thank you hope to get started soon

2 Likes