Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello I am Elijah Wisdom, An ICT student, i am a Linux Ubuntu, Windows user. This is a great place.

1 Like

Hi everyone ! I’m Alex Javarotti. i live in Brazil - São Paulo and I work as a software developer in a multinational company. I believe that OpenMRS is an amazing project where it is possible share knowledge among all members of community and, in some way, i can contribute with my experience in software development and learn with the experience of all developers that contribute with the OpenMRS project. I would like to thank you for the welcome.

1 Like

Hi All

My name is Ivange Larry. I am a computer engineering student from the university of Buea, Cameroon. I learned about OpenMRS from a friend when i was looking for and open source organization to practice my skills. I am new to open source. I love what is done hear at OpenMRS and also the community is very user friendly. I am looking for an opportunity to improve my java skills. Cheers

Larry

1 Like

Hello Akash,

I am based in hyderabad and working on customizing the patient summary page with new data fields. If you are interested on working on this module I am more than happy to coordinate with you on this.

Let me know your interest @sba370■■■■■■■■■■

Thanks shashi

1 Like

Hi everyone,

My name is Korrawit Yindeeyoungyeon from Thailand. I’m a Java developer.

I’m planning to implement OpenMRS in Thailand as well as contribute to OpenMRS.

Nice to meet you all :smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone :smile:

my name is Georg, I am based in Austria and currently working on the dcm4chee radiology module. I work in Healthcare IT and I study medical IT at Vienna University of Technology .

I am looking forward to help improving OpenMRS and its modules because it is such a great project with an even greater community!

2 Likes

Hey guys,

my name’s Indra and I’m a fourth year software engineer at my University in Alberta, Canada. Currently taking the next 16 months off for an internship program at a medical imaging company. Figured maybe I could translate what I do here and help out on the development side of OpenMRS. I’m pretty optimistic about all of this as I’ve never worked on an open source project before so hopefully the guys here can help guide me through the process so I can start producing meaningful content :smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m Miguel Angel, spanish, I live and work in The Netherlands. I was considering joining any open source community for some time and I discovered OpenMRS in sourgeforge.net I thought it was a nice combination of selfdevelopment and contributing to a cause that matters.

Cheers to everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

This is a really long thread. :smile:

Hi from Vinay Venu, developer, Bengaluru.

1 Like

We’re going for a record in both number of posts and number of awesome people.

Let’s keep it going! :trophy:

1 Like

Hi, I’m Myrle Krantz,

Allow me to introduce myself.

I got my BA from Rice University in Houston in 2000, and then immediately moved to Germany. I’ve been a software engineer ever since. The first 9 years I spent working primarily with Visual Studio programming C++. Now I work with Eclipse programming Java. In both languages I’ve specialized in API development using various technologies. I’ve dabbled in GUI development repeatedly in C++, but have done very little work in that direction in Java. Still I feel that GUIs are just another kind of API. The goal in both cases should be to make the user do as little mental work to achieve her goal as possible.

I speak fluent English and German.

Also I have multiple aquariums and am a fan of the Walstad method,

Greetings, Myrle

1 Like

Hi, I’m Ben, I live in Australia and currently work in IT (desktop support) in health, with the aim to move into eHealth. I’m a computing graduate who learnt of OpenMRS through a colleague @thannan who I have helped to install and setup OpenMRS for testing and demonstrating purposes. I have had experience in managing Windows based servers and with MySQL databases. I have found this to be a fantastic project and was hoping to be able to contribute.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Sergio. I am a 28 year old medical doctor. I have my own small practice in Honduras since last year. Since the start I wanted to have an electronic record system, but because of lack of funds I couldn’t do it. A few months ago I discovered OpenMRS and I’ve being trying to install it and make it run in my computer, which I was able to do recently. I have some programming knowledge, it’s going to take me a while but I’m going to try to customize it on my own.

I don’t know if there is something I can do to help out, but if there is something I can do, I’ll be happy to help.

3 Likes

I am Stephen S. Musoke, from Kampala Uganda, loves solving software related problems. I am currently working on a project to provide OpenMRS support for installations in government and not-for-profit hospitals and clinics providing HIV care. I am very interested in proving lasting interventions to the challenges I find as I work so that others do not have to go through the pain that I do.

I believe in the impact of OpenSource in Africa, and am passionate about growing communities to support technology interventions in Healthcare.

Looking forward to learning from and contributing to this community.

4 Likes

Greetings everyone!

My name is Isaiah Nyabuto, I am currently an undergraduate student in JKUAT pursuing a degree in Health Records and Informatics. I an intermediate developer with Java.

I have got an interest in Health Informatics and i love being a member of OpenMRS community, am looking forward to participate in this community.

1 Like

Hello! I’m a technical trainer helping out with HOPE Foundation for Women & Children of Bangladesh. We are implementing OpenMRS and are very excited about the many opportunities this tool provides for us. Thank you to all have contributed!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dominique Laloux and I teach Computer Science classes at a HS in Brussels, Belgium. But my interest in OpenMRS is not as much related to my teaching than to my frequent sojourns in Togo, an often forgotten West-African country.

With a group of Togolese friends, I started a small not-for-profit Computer Center project open to students and teachers of several rural MS/HS schools in a rural area of Togo (Kuma). We currently have 2 fully equipped computer classrooms (one with 22 Raspberry Pi) and we are finishing the construction of a small building that will soon host 2 comfortable computer classrooms and a tech area. Several other communities across Togo are now considering using our “Raspberry Pi” model (low cost/low maintenance/Open Source) to set up their own classrooms. My dream is to see many such rooms being installed in Togo in the next few years (more about that project on this – unfortunately out-of-date – web page: http://kuma-ci-en.blogspot.com).

While working in Togo, I built close ties with several staff members of a small rural hospital located in Agou Nyogbo. Together, we are now investigating the feasibility and potential benefits of implementing OpenMRS. As far as I know, very few medical institutions use some form of Electronic Medical Records in Togo (and that does not even include the large public hospitals in the capital city, Lomé). Most records are still paper based (including a “medical booklet” that is at times lost or damaged by the patient…) A very ineffective practice, according to many stakeholders. Useless to say that, if we are successful, other institutions would very likely be interested to follow the same path in the future.

I am a convinced Open Source software user (and “evangelist” :smiley: -) ?). As such, I am particularly enthusiastic about discovering OpenMRS, and thankful to its Community for the huge amount of work that has already been invested in its development.

A specific constraint in Togo is that French is the working language… That implies a need for translation of the user interface, the Concepts and any form/report we would use. Probably a tedious task, but a very interesting challenge considering the potential benefit for the health professionals and, more importantly, for their patients…

DL

1 Like

Hi everyone! i am terry cullen. I am a family medicine physician who worked with American Indian/Alaska Native communities for over 20 years ( and, yes, i am glad that Mount McKinley has now been renamed Denali to honor Athabascan people). I started working with software in 1986 when i realized that i needed tools to help improve care for reservation communities. I had a long stint with the US federal government as a physician, medical director and CIO for Indian Health Service and then recent work at the Veterans Health Administration.

I started using open MRS a few years ago during volunteer medical brigades with Global Brigades. I hope to soon be working closely with the OMRS community. My passions are health equity and social justice–and the use of appropriate technology to help accelerate achieving those goals. I am excited to have joined this community and look forward to helping facilitate writing code and saving lives.

terry

8 Likes

It’s rather nice to see a lot of other people who are just joining things as well, that’s what I’m doing! There’s a lot of introductions, but not a lot of hello’s back! Hi Dominique, and Laurie, and Isaiah and Stephen and Sergio and all the rest of you! You all seem like fantastic people, I hope I’ll someday be able to contribute as much as you all.

I’m Allister Moon, 23 years old and not sure what I’m doing in life. I’ve jumped between lots of jobs, and now I’m taking a break from wireless network support to go participate in a TEFL program in Thailand. I love working with people in any capacity, and I’ve really enjoyed getting into programming in my spare time.

I have no practical experience doing…well, anything! But I really want to contribute, and do stuff! So hello everyone, it’s a pleasure to be here :smiley:

4 Likes

@terry, This is amazing – I love seeing new users of OpenMRS :heart:

1 Like