Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello Everyone, I am Gavindya. I am from Sri Lanka. Currently I am an Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate in University of Moratuwa. I’m completely new to Google Code-In project. Excited to work with people from all around the world. Hoping to contribute at my best :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’m Maciej from Berlin, originaly from Poland. I would love to contribute to such an amazing project like OpenMRS. Profesionaly I am C# backend developer for quite a few years. Privately using Java, so hopefuly I will be somehow useful :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi guys, thanks for the good work you are doing although I have not fully participated and seen it but I see it is taking us somewhere. I am a Data Officer working with Makerere University Joint AIDS Program with Degree in Computer Science. I love data because it is a baseline for all knowledge achieved and to be achieved. I just hope OpenMRS is Rolled Out allover Uganda. Right now am doing a Postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation. Lets improve health systems in our country Thank you

3 Likes

Hello! I’m Leszek, from Poland. I’m new in OpenMRS and I will be working, with Rafal Korytkowski, for SolDevelo on Open Concept Lab. I hope it will be productive time :slight_smile: Btw I need access to issues. Could anybody help?

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How do I get access to issues.openmrs.org?

Hello everyone,

I’m Isaac and I’m based out of the US. I recently earned my Computer Science Degree and am currently working in IT security. I’m completely new to large open source projects, but I’m eager to learn and will be looking for small projects to start with in the coming weeks. That said, if anyone has some good beginner-level work that needs to get done, let me know!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for security information

Hi iam S. Kato Joseph from the Central Uganda Region in the East Africa, being a development community worker, iam very proud to have found this link that deals right with the community who are the core when it comes to the ordinary person. Allow me to let you know that it is my passion to work with the vulnerable people helping them to know their rights and the role they have for a better health living. I have a bachelor in the Development Studies from Bugema University and i do have faith that being part of this world wide electronic health record keeping, iam in the right position to touch the inching part of the community.

Thank you friends.

4 Likes

Hello allow me to introduce myself, my name is Candy Ochieng with Bsc. Degree in Public Health from Daystar University Kenya. I am new on openMRS and looking forward to learning more from this community.

1 Like

Great that you’re here @sebasole and @lorista12345e https://talk.openmrs.org/users/lorista12345e, I hope we see you at the OpenMRS conference in Uganda next month.

Joaquin Blaya, PhD Head of Strategic Partnerships Email jblaya■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Telephone +1 202 640 0275 <+1+202+640+0275> [image: ThoughtWorks] http://www.thoughtworks.com/?utm_campaign=joaquin-blaya-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thoughtworks-email-signature-generator

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Mark Romantigue, and I’ve just graduated last month with a bachelor’s degree in computer science. I’m new to OpenMRS. I love how everyone in this community is contributing to better support health care delivery in developing countries! Cheers!!

2 Likes

Hi ! I am Rounak from India, and I work as a software developer. I am completely new to open source projects. Hope this projects helps the world to be more healthier.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Pushpitha Dilhan. I am a second year undergraduate student at University of Moratuwa, Department of Computer Science and Engineering. I would like to contribute to OpenMRS project as I am very much interested in data science and health care services provided with IT. I have done a Hospital Management System as a project and hope to learn more interesting things with OpenMRS. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are welcome Kato

Way to Nagawa

Hello, I am Ira Lauer and I am a CS senior at Dickinson College in Carlisle PA, USA. I am excited to be a part of this community and hope to make good contributions.

1 Like

Hi, I am Swathi working on Bahmni as a developer. Feeling great to be a OpenMRS Contributor. Looking forward to make difference.

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I am Afroz Ahamad, a second year Computer Science undergraduate at BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus, India. I have been coding for over a year and a half now and just the idea of saving lives with my code excites me. I hope I could participate in GSoC 2017, getting involved with the OpenMRS community and writing code that can save lives :smiley: .

I am interested in web development and I’m familiar with a few different languages (Javascript/PHP/SQL). I have worked with some Javascript libraries, both client-side(jquery) and server-side(nodejs/express/request/socket.io).

Previous working experience:

1. I developed an anonymous chat platform - the working app can be found at eni-chat and the code here.
  2. I have worked with setting up a wiki for my college. I am also quite familiar with Mediawiki.
  3. I have worked on a WordPress website for FOSSBridge.

Also when I am not coding I love watching movies, reading novels and getting to know other people.

Afroz Ahamad enigmaeth on IRC enigmaeth on GitHub

1 Like

Kato, Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hi everyone … I am Rony John from Pune, India. I have been working as a java programmer for more than 10 years but am a newbie at open source development. Looking forward to being a part of this community and making some meaningful contributions.

1 Like