Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello!

My name is Camila Boynton.

I am new to the Open MRS community. I am an intern at a Guatemalan NGO, Mayan Families. They just recently acquired Open MRS and brought me on to implement the program and transfer all the paper copies of our patient charts to an electronic copy.

I am not a programmer - I’m just good at testing and failing… and testing and failing… and testing and winning! I also love organizing and implementing new policies and procedures. So this internship is tailor made for me!

We have very limited tech support here in Guatemala, which is why I am turning to the Open MRS online community for help. A lot of times I have trouble understanding the techy language, but I seem to be getting by.

Thank you all for being so forthcoming and helpful. I look fwd to developing a good relationship with the Open MRS community!

1 Like

Hi!

My name is Ekow Koomson.

I am a software developer in Ghana, West Africa. Just had an encounter with Bahmni and I am loving the experience so far.

Good show guys for all the good work you have done and what you will be doing in the days ahead.

It will be exciting to learn from this community and share knowledge as well.

Thanks for the opportunity afforded me to be on this platform.

1 Like

Hello, OpenMRS. :smile: I’m Vicente Bermúdez, a self-learning student from Montevideo, Uruguay. I joined the OpenMRS project when participating in Google Code-in 2015. It was a really nice experience so I decided to stay. I enjoy programming. My knowledge is limited to Java and HTML/Javascript but I aim to learn more. :slightly_smiling: I’m looking forward in contributing to OpenMRS!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Vishnu Rao, a third year undergraduate student from Keshav Memorial Institute Of Technology, Hyderabad, India. I love to code and the motto “Write Code, Save Lives” inspired me to be here. I’m new to open source development but I’m excited about being able to collaborate with a community that is as inviting as this one.Its been a while contributing to the OpenMRS community,currently I am working on a couple of tickets. I’m familiar with different languages like C,Java/J2EE,SQL,Android and I am learning a lot more in the process of solving tickets Apart from coding,I love travelling :bike: and playing cricket. Thank You :smile:

2 Likes

Hi My name is Nishith Shetty. I am a currently pursuing my post graduation degree in computer application. I have core knowledge of java. I am new to opensource and want to be a part of the OpenMrs developer community and learn the development lifecycle. This is my first experience and so I am finding many of the terms used here unknown. I have completed college projects developing android app for a IoT project connecting sensors on the body to android app and showing the data in graphical format for users. It would be very helpful if anybody can help me get started with it.

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I am Kishore Chakraborty and this is my involvement in an open source project.

I have been programming and designing for close to two decades. I have experience of the whole project lifecycle, but never before felt the urge to join an opensource project.

So, this is a completely new experience to me. Please bear with me. Although I worked in Healthcare domain before, but I am without much knowledge of the domains I have worked on.

Java is the main programming language I am working with today, but I am always up for learning something new. Server side programming, REST API, Multi-threaded programming, Search and Indexing are some techniques that I can help with, with my experience.

Hope to get started with some easy bugs very soon.

1 Like

Hello all, I am Vishwajeet an Android Developer from India, currently studying in my third year of undergrad in computer science.I am a true open source believer and contributor currently involved in contributing for other organisations like FOSSASIA as well. I want to contribute to the community of openMRS specifically in some android oriented project.Also I have previous experience of working in the Health IT sector (I worked for one project for Indian startup working in the same sector.), so I wanted to use my that knowledge here by contributing to openMRS projects. I am new to the openMRS community, please help in finding some active android based project where I can help.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello everyone! This is Prasang, I am a sophomore studying computer science and engg. at VIT University, India. I am a freshman android application developer and an enthusiast programmer, passionate for learning new tech, and an avid German football fan. I want to contribute to OpenMRS and develop various applications and projects as a part of GSoC 2016. I am new to open source development, but I’m totally excited with the concept of writing code, contributing to community and saving lives.

Previous work:

1. Intern: at Engineerbabu Inc. https://www.engineerbabu.com/ as an android app developer. Project: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorbabu
  2. Android app developer: at cambuzz vitcc: www.cambuzz.co.in Project: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cambuzz.internetcabin.cambuzzvitcc

I am having an experience of 2 years in Mobile app development. I have worked previously on a medical record system app, which got selected in top 15 in RTBI Startup Ideas Hackathon (IIT Madras). Apart from that, I am comfortable with C, C++, C#, java, MATLAB, HTML, CSS and javascript.

My Linkedin Profile: https://in.linkedin.com/in/prasangsharma

Please help me find some active android based project where I can help. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello everyone!! I am Parth Karkhanis from SPIT,Mumbai,India.I have good working experience in android development and would like to contribute to OpenMRS’ projects.Is there any good android project available for me to start solving bugs for?Plzz let me know.For reference I have developed this app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fnance.fnance.fnance

Hello everyone, this is Shashank Motepalli. I am a 2nd year undergraduate student in Computer Science degree from International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore,(IIIT-B) India. I have been a good competitive programmer. But I felt, there is a magic in creating some thing amazing with your apps using your own lines of code. Since then, I started to learn web and app development. I have strong knowledge on Algorithms, besides JAVA, Python, HTML+CSS, JS, C++, Mysql, Android,etc.

Then, I have started working on a project of creating a Android app and web app for taking medical records using REST (JAX_RS+ Jersey), MYSql, Android and Struts2 framework. The project I was working was for a Mental Healthcare Center, Bangalore under my professor in my Institute. Then I found that openMRS.org has a similar kind of project that too in open source. And with my interest of becoming GSOC, I felt I can do my best if I had worked with openmrs.org, and contribute the best to it. I am a active learner and want to contribute my best to it. I knew about GSOC but I never took it seriously as I never found an organization that met my interests, but now as I found it, I am not going to leave it contributed

Shashank Motepalli Username/IRC/Github: mshashank/sm86

1 Like

Im Edwin Momanyi, looking for assistance implementing OpenMRS with openHMIS for a proof of concept that I have. Looking for someone familar with the Kenya health market for this project. hoping I can get your thoughts on this project Mr Moko and Ogembo . @insiderish @whiscard

1 Like

Hi @momanyi, Its great you are trying out openmrs. Please let us know how we can be of help. Thanks.

Hi, everyone! I’m Deividi Silva, a 29 years old software engineer from Brazil. I have been working full time with Java for about 6 years now, and currently I work for a multinational company developing software everyday. I would like to use my free time to contribute with open source projects, so I found OpenMRS and it looks like a great opportunity to give back to the world with my knowledge. I hope to help as much as possible and make new friends here!

1 Like

Hi everyone

I am Faizaan Charania from Mumbai, India. I am currently in my penultimate year of Computer Engineering. I really liked the concept of OpenMRS and would love to contribute to the project. If given the opportunity I would also like to participate with OpenMRS in GSoC 2016 :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am Gautam, second year student from Delhi Technological University, India. I am quite excited to be part of OpenMRS community especially what inspired me was the idea of saving lives. Going through the posts on this topic I loved the friendliness of OpenMRS talk community. I want to contribute in open-source projects of OpenMRS. Please guide me for the same.

I am an Android enthusiast, I love to develop apps for Android platform. I am good with Java, C, C++, data structures and algorithms. I have developed apps with Firebase also. I like meeting new people from different countries, love to know about them and their culture. I also like music and love to sing, although I am told to shut up when I do that :smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am Elcid Chawa Fabu, student at the University of Buea, Cameroon. Second year Computer Science. I am interested in writing codes that save lives and as a newbee to OpenMRS, I wish to be part of this great team in which with the help of its mentors I will be able to archive my goal in contributing in the community.

1 Like

Hi there,

I am Michael Penhallegon, a Junior at Evergreen State College prusuing a field of study of computer science (We don’t have majors here)… I was intereted intially in this class because I am was asked to evaluate java code for a program (class) I am taking here. Informatics has been my interest overall, looking to connect my love of technology with the social justice work I currently do.

i am interested to expand my investiment into openmrs and have started to stetup a development environment etc. I hope to get through building a basic module. My dream at this point would be to develop a case management module to use in social work setting since, though intergrative to the focus of a EMR is largely ignored by most systems.

I already have a decent amount of java code and development experience and hope to get more involved.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m a test-engineer from Sweden. I work with Linux, Python and Bash mostly. I’ve got experience in hardware development also. I’m also using Arduino as hobby/hacking platform.

I hope I’ll be able to participe to OpenMRS!

Tomy

2 Likes

Hello to all!

I am Thomas Chapman. I’ve been developing software for 20 years. Experience in a wide range of things. Although I am still working commercially, I am looking to get involved with something where I can contribute to something that helps people instead of just helping companies make money.

I have a wonderful wife and three awesome, young children that keep me on the go all the time. I hope to be able to participate in OpenMRS in what little spare time I have. I am very much looking forward to getting started!

Thomas

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Name is Thinh Hoang, but I go by Tim to make everyone life around me easier. I’m currently a graduate student at IUPUI studying Health Informatics. Additionally, I am currently a full time contractor with the State of Indiana under FSSA division. My future goal is to gain more experience in the healthcare industry as well as develop my understanding in the EHR development and implementation. I look forward to talking and learning from the community.

2 Likes