Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi guys,

I am Ini Asangansi, from Nigeria. I am an Electronics & Computer Engineer and a programmer. I have worked with OpenMRS as an Implementer here in Nigeria, volunteered in some few implementation projects. Also worked on some development instances.

I’ve been away from OpenMRS for sometime now, because of changing jobs.

I’m also a singer, i love music, travelling, tennis, chess, thinking and creating solutions, i love team-work and brainstorming.

So I’m back to the new system that feels and looks so cool… thanks guys… I’m looking forward to more implementations and even development of OpenMRS… 'cos I’m currently a Webmaster and Developer at a University now… yeah…

Thanks…

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Lucas Souza, I’m from Brazil student biomedical informatic, I’m about to start contributing to the project, I hope to learn a lot and do my best

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael Paonam . I am a computer science graduate and I am from India . Being new to the open source community , I look forward to learning about open source project with OpenMRS . I also wanted to contribute to the area of medical science and I feel like I have a shot at it with OpenMRS.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi OpenMRS Community,

I am Joseph Mwema an MSc Computer Systems final year student at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. I started using OpenMRS in the year 2011 when I first learned about it. I was planning to integrate Medismart’s smartlink software to OpenMRS that time but the plans never materialised. I am a biometric software developer and consultant with experience in developing various biometric fingerprint and facial authentication systems like this ‘Biometric Patient Identification System’ found here www.jomutech.co.ke/biometric_patient_id.php. I would love to help in any way in the betterment of OpenMRS especially with biometric patient verification and authentication module.

I develop software in Java, PHP, Python, JQuery, JScript and C#.NET. I love to provide software solutions to real world technical problems.

1 Like

i am Amos Kadenge from Kenya, diploma holder in Information communication Technology (ICT), currently working as data manager at St Lukes Mission Hospital for an Aids Relief programme. In my working experience i have been using different systems, IQCare ,IQTools, Care2X ,DHIS2, MySQL and other database management information systems. It has been a great exposure for me. Looking forward for great interaction and contributions.

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Florence Mayo. I am Tanzanian, currently doing the master’s program of software engineering at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. I am interested with application development. I am looking forward to get a better guide so that I can contribute to this community, Cheers !

1 Like

Hello, I’m Pascal.

Hello! I’m Pam, I’m a developer in Philadelphia, in the USA and am part of an open source mentoring program with Penn and I’m mentoring a student on the OpenMRS project. I’m getting started with it myself and excited to see what we can contribute. In particular, we’re working with getting the project running right now, so if anyone has more links to share to help with that, we’d love to document our progress/fix issues as we find them.

1 Like

Welcome @pselle! In case you haven’t seen it yet, the best place to start for developers like you is at our wiki page: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

Please do leave comments or edit the page for accuracy; we always love to get feedback from new developers!

Thanks Michael! I’ve been reading through the book-ish one here: https://flossmanuals.net/openmrs-developers-guide/. I’d rather virtualize and not use my system’s resources for development (ex. modifying my Java version, etc.), so that’s what I’m looking to Vagrant for right now.

1 Like

Fantastic. Be sure to let us know over in the Developers category with any questions or troubles you have!

Hi I’m Cathy, a junior studying CIS 399: Open Source Software Development at the University of Pennsylvania. I’m super excited to contribute to OpenMRS as it’s been a project I’ve followed for a while. Looking forward to interacting more with this community as the semester progresses and hopefully beyond that!

3 Likes

Hi all,I am Anitha,I completed my Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in 2004 in India.I am currently in Chicago .Mother of two kids,I am passionate about software testing and have done testing course .I really want to utilise this opportunity to learn and volunteer at one place.I wish and will be happy to be part of it.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am Ulrich Tchuenkam, a 4th year Software Engineering student from the University of Buea, Cameroon. I love the idea of using technology to save human lives, just like OpenMRS and I wish to contribute to and learn from this community as a developer.

Cheer up, Ulrich Tchuenkam

2 Likes

Hello Team,

I am Enu Mittal here. I am new to the community and very excited to be part of OpenMRS group. I am an application developer in a leading credit card company. As we work together, we will get to know more about each other.

Till then, be happy and have fun :smile:

Enu

2 Likes

Hi @ulrich, am glad to see one of our own here. Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m Dave and I’ve been working in the tech industry for about the past 4 years as a Support Engineer. I graduated in 2011 with a degree in Computer Science. I’m originally from Canada, but I’m currently living in Europe.

I’d like to get involved as a developer in this project, and I’m working on an intro issue to get started.

I’m looking forward to working and chatting with all of you!

Cheers, Dave

1 Like

Hi everyone.

I have been lurking around on this place for some time now and i think its about time i introduce myself - my apologize! My name is Kitti and im on my second year with Bachelor on informations technology in Norway. Although i have mainly been working on languages like .NET and Web development etc. I am currently working to progress and learn more about open sources, C++ and Java recently so really looking forward to contribute on this community soon as i really love the meaning with the type of work you guys do here.

2 Likes

hello everyone, this is Pralay Ramteke, I am 2nd year CS undergrad from IIT Patna.I am new to open source community. I am very much interested in contributing to open source and especially to openMRS. I am interested in gsoc’16 as well. I am looking forward to have a mentor and start contributing. I like to play dota 2 , counter strike and my hobbies are to play/learn guitar,learn about psychology and spend countless hours over Quora :smiley: I have looking forward to have nice learning experience. :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @ivange94 !!! The pleasure is shared bros !!!

1 Like