webservices.rest module version cyclic dependency

I tried following the instructions from the wiki page https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-android-client to setup the local OpenMRS server and access it from the Google Play’s OpenMRS client.

The standalone comes with version 2.11.x of the webservices.rest module. The step to upgrade the webservices.rest to 2.12 was causing issues with the standalone version in particular the dependent modules emrapi 1.6,reportingrest 1.4,coreapps 1.6,allergyapi 1.3,appointmentschedulingui 1.0.2,appointmentscheduling 1.3. In short, I cannot upgrade because of a dependency problem. The entire application crashes.

And using version 2.11 of the webservices.rest I am unable to access the server from the Android client. I get the error message: “Server is not supported. Change URL address”.

The only workaround I found was to remove the dependent modules and then install v2.12 of the webservices.rest module.

So my question is there anyway I can install webservices.rest v2.12 without removing the dependent modules, or collectively upgrade all the modules with the dependencies matched?

Thanks

1 Like

There should be no issues with dependent modules when upgrading webservices.rest. Could you pastebin server logs?

This is what I get when I try to upload the webservices.rest module on a fresh standalone install.

An Internal Error has Occurred
org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException
Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection

Further logs up here:

https://gist.github.com/vshl/7e1591735dc3a132be0a

@raff Could you please check the stack trace that I posted? Thanks.

Unfortunately, the stacktrace does not help me to identify the issue. I’ll try to reproduce it locally.

I was able to reproduce the issue. The server crashed after I uploaded a new version of the webservices.rest module. However, I restarted the standalone and went to advanced administration -> manage modules and clicked start all to start failed modules and they all started properly. Let me know if it works for you too.

2 Likes