Volunteers needed to test compiling the platform with OpenJDK

As were getting along with the Release for Platform 2.3 . One key feature is to switch from JDK TO OPENJDK .see this issue.

we need developers to volunteer testing out if the platform (is compatible)can compile without any errors with openJDK as thats the first step to confirm wether its good or a bug. see reated talk thread . Assesment needed on Switching to OpenJDK (TRUNK-5488).

cc @dkayiwa @darius @samuel34 @burke @ruhanga @reubenv

1 Like

i think i can go on with this since am running openjdk,as seen here https://pastebin.com/t36WyduR

1 Like

that will be great @herbert24. you can try it out and you also give us the results. we already have postive results from @mogoodrich , we need probably one more person to do this and we make a conclusion on this. thanks.

1 Like

@mozzy i am running openmrs sdk using platform and it runs fine with openjdk.Details for my openjdk are here: https://pastebin.com/t36WyduR

1 Like

alryt @herbert24. but i guess the sdk just downloads the built war file already. can you try cloning and maven installing the core war file manually ??

1 Like

So, I can tell you:

• Bamboo (ci.openmrs.org) doesn’t have anything else other than OpenJDK for a while now
  • All our test environments (including demo) are running with OpenJDK for almost a year now.

I’m going to be a little bit surprised that we find problems now, if pretty much all our tests are in OpenJDK.

That said, you probably want to change travis configurations to use openjdk.

1 Like

thanks @cintiadr for sharing that experience

@herbert24, did you finally manage building the core on your machine ?? i would like us to conclude on this. thanks

@mozzy i agree with what @cintiadr has suggested of manually configuring the travis cl file because i have encountered travis failure log issues which needed switching from oracle jdk to openjdk

1 Like

@gcliff can you share those logs here. but i gues that must be related to the local changes you made. its not a general problem

@mozzy i dont have the logs but i made the changes on the local pc int the travis cl file and i think it can be applied generally

1 Like

@cintiadr sure. i just want a confirmation from @herbert24 that things work pretty fine on the local machine.just to remove any small dot of doubt. :wink:

1 Like

helo,i am done with testing this and the build of core is successfull with openjdk. i have builded core 2.2.0 and 2.3.0-snapshot and all were a success!!!

1 Like

weldone @herbert24, it has been great work

1 Like

you are welcome brother