Volunteer to be the OpenMRS 2.3 Release Manager!

OpenMRS Devs,

We need to fill the role of Release Manager for OpenMRS 2.3, which is scheduled for release in September. Are you aspiring to become a /dev/3, /dev/4, or /dev/5? Being a release manager is a valuable experience for any open source developer, lets you influence the road map and priorities for the community, and gives you the opportunity to make a substantial and prominent contribution to the OpenMRS mission. The job of a release manager is not to do all the work; rather, to make decisions on what goes into the release and to guide the community through the release process.

Remember, we are a community that works together, so you will not be alone in the release process. We have a documented process, weekly project management calls to discuss issues, and several previous release managers in our community who can provide mentoring for you and answer your questions.

Thanks to @k_joseph and @maurya for managing the last two releases of OpenMRS… and thank you for considering volunteering for this important role!

To volunteer to be Release Manager for OpenMRS 2.3, reply to this message or reach out directly to @jthomas (jthomas■■■■■■■■■■■■).

1 Like

Hi All,

I would like to volunteer to be the Release Manager for the OpenMRS 2.3 as this is a good opportunity to make some useful contribution to the OpenMRS mission as well as get to know the technical roadmap to becoming an open source developer.

Thank you @jthomas for posting this opportunity to be a part of the release process serving the community!

Regards, 'Manika Maheshwari

2 Likes

Thank you @manikam for your interest in being a Release Manager for the OpenMRS 2.3. We will be giving this topic a week or so for others to respond as well and then will get back with you on how to proceed. Thank you for stepping forward and sharing your interest in contributing!

Hello,

This looks really interesting and a great opportunity. I would like to volunteer to be the OpenMRS 2.3 Release Manager and help my journey of building up the open source spirit in me get better :smiley: I aim to fulfill the duties of the role and keep up to the community expectations.

As I already reached out to you, I thank you for the response @jthomas Looking forward to give my full to keep up to the best opportunities given by the community :smile:

Really thankful to the community for providing such opportunities, Tharunya

1 Like

@All, to make sure everyone interested in volunteering as the OpenMRS 2.3 Release Manager have a chance to respond we will continue to take volunteers until the end of the week. Have a great week!