Upload CSV to update pre-existing concept mapping

As part of the default Bahmni, there is a way to upload concept along with the mappings. But if you want to add new mappings for the pre-existing concept, there is no simpler way to update. You have to write liquibase migrations to achieve this, which is very effort-intensive work.

We want to add a new option to upload concept mappings as CSV file from Bahmni Admin UI. The CSV file can be in the following format

concept-name,reference-term-source,reference-term-code,reference-term-relationship,term-name conceptName,MSF-INTERNAL,code,SAME-AS,termName

where term-name can be Optional value. concept-name is the Fully Specified Name of the concept.

Any thoughts/concerns??

@angshuonline @darius @mksd

1 Like

You mean to say

1. a concept can have multiple mappings?
  • bronchitis due to Rhinovirus, J20.6, ICD10
  • bronchitis due to Rhinovirus, 195728004 , snomed
  1. or change a concepts mapping to another?
  • bronchitis due to Rhinovirus, J20.6, ICD10 => bronchitis due to Rhinovirus, 195728004 , snomed

if its the 2nd one, then I am not sure. We should just probably create another ref term mapping for the existing concept.

@angshuonline,

I meant just to add new mappings for existing concept

1 Like

We use the Initializer to import concepts in bulk. It is possible with the Initializer to edit the ‘SAME AS’ mapping of any concept, see here in the README.

I suspect that you won’t switch to using the Initializer but I wanted to mention it just in case…

Hi @angshuonline, we are going ahead to make the following changes

• Adding a new API (/add/mappings) in Bahmni-core admin module (AdminImportController.java)
  • Adding a new option in CSV Import module of Bahmni Admin UI