Upcoming Data Use Community Meeting Invitation - Featuring multiple national OpenMRS Implementations

Next Tuesday, February 9, 2021, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. (EST) there will be a monthly Data Use Community (DUC) meeting that will focus on Medical Records and Continuity of Treatment (Retention).

For this call, we are planning to have lightning talk style presentations and have the following countries confirmed to present on their popular EMRs - a number of which are OpenMRS:

• Kenya (KenyaEMR)
  • Uganda (UgandaEMR)
  • Haiti (iSantéPlus)
  • Nigeria (NigeriaMRS)
  • Nigeria (LAMIS)
  • Malawi (PIH)

The DUC is an open community of organizations and individuals passionate about improving health and healthcare data sharing. This community is set on a mission to address three key needs: best practices, donor alignment, and in-country perspective. The DUC’s first focus is on ways technology solutions can contribute to reducing interruption of HIV care.

If these goals are of interest to you, we hope you will join our next call as well as sign-up for our mailing list at https://ohie.org/duc/.

I work with the DUC on community management and outreach. If you have any questions - feel free to email me: kaalcumm@regenstrief.org.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Here are the connection details for this meeting:

Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://iu.zoom.us/j/97792882495

Or Telephone: Dial: +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll) or +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)

Webinar ID: 977 9288 2495

International numbers available: https://iu.zoom.us/u/adZfqZAXHm

Hey @jesplana I think we should attend ↑

I’ll send a meeting invite so it’s on the radar. @reagan that’s a good one for you also to attend.

3 Likes

Thank you @kaalcumm for posting here! Sounds very valuable indeed. Really looking forward to hearing from these EMR providers on the call.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have clinic on Tuesdays, so won’t be able to attend. I’m really looking forward to the recording and hope it can be shared here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed @mksd …Looking forward to it.

1 Like

While we will not be able to share a recording of the call, we do send out a summary and the slides of the call within a week of the meeting.

I’m happy to share the link to these items here! We will also be hosting Office Hours the following Tuesday, February 16, from 9 to 10:30 am (EST). And you are welcome to attend that session if it suits your schedule better.

To receive calendar invites for the office hours as well as the monthly meetings, and the summary emails, I am happy to sign you up for the community mailing list. You can sign up here!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Update: The summary and slides for the February 9 meeting have been saved here: DUC Community Meeting Summaries - Communities - OpenHIE Wiki

Thank you! Please reach out to me if you have any questions!

1 Like

Update: Recordings are now public!

We began recording these meetings as a way to prepare meeting summaries that we have shared via email. Because there was interest in viewing these recordings we are excited to make them available on the DUC wiki site for those who weren’t able to participate!

1 Like