University of Washington seeks Software Developer (Limited Term Appointment)

Req #:	                  131762
Department:	           I-TECH RCR SPH
Job Location:	           Harborview Medical Center,  Other Locations
Job Location Detail:	   Ninth & Jefferson Building, Seattle/Remote
Posting Date:	           04/28/2016 
Closing Info:	           Open Until Filled 
Salary:	                   Salary is commensurate with experience and education. 
Notes:  	           This position is expected to last until 9/30/2016.

The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.

The University of Washington’s International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) has an outstanding opportunity for a temporary part time Software Developer.

The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health. Headquartered in Seattle, I-TECH has country offices in Haiti, India, Ukraine, and throughout sub-Saharan Africa. It also works in China and Southeast Asia, as well as several countries in the Caribbean and Middle East/North Africa regions. I-TECH’s almost 500 worldwide staff work with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), medical facilities, and other partners to support the development of a skilled health work force and well-organized national health delivery systems.

The International Training and Education Center for Health seeks a developer to provide technical assistance to the project of migrating the electronic medical record, iSanté, from its current platform to the OpenMRS (Open Medical Record System) platform. The new system will be known as “iSantéPlus”. The migration effort is currently underway with the goal of a release in September 2016 to test the software on its new platform. iSanté is currently deployed in 145 sites in Haiti and is considered the national EMR.

The Developer will work with the Project Director and developer team based in Haiti as well as the Senior Program Manager and Systems Analyst based at I-TECH’s HQ in Seattle at the University of Washington. It is expected the Developer will be able to communicate with the team remotely and collaborate with the team to meet overall project goals.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Provide technical assistance to the configuration of an iSantéPlus development environment and GitHub integration.

• Review and contribute to SOP for development environment.

Provide I-TECH developers an overview of OpenMRS code and relevant modules.

• Create and present 3 presentations for development team.

Develop iSantéPlus Main Dashboard.

• Write Dashboard requirement document.
  • Dashboard Up and Running on iSantĂ©Plus test environment.

Develop iSantéPlus Patient Dashboard.

• Write Dashboard requirement document.
  • Dashboard Up and Running on iSantĂ©Plus test environment.

Identify and fix OpenMRS bugs with the potential to disrupt iSantéPlus.

• Create a list of Bugs identified (OpenMRS Tickets)
  • Bugs fix coded and integrated

REQUIREMENTS:

• BA or BS in computer science, engineering or related field.
  • At least 3 years of experience in software development.
  • Experience with OpenMRS module development (specifically reference application).
  • Solid grasp of web technologies HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JSP/JSTL, AngularJS.

Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.

DESIRED:

• Advanced knowledge of object oriented programming with Java.
  • Experience with OpenMRS core (Spring, Hibernate).
  • Experience with PHP, SQL.
  • Experience with Linux.
  • Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
  • French language proficiency.

Condition of Employment:

Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.

Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your “My Jobs” page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.

Apply for this job

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.