Unable to start openmrs after installing radiologyapp mod

Hi all,

I would love to try out radiology module but I’m not yet running openmrs platform version 2.0 (running v 1.11.5_SNAPSHOT).

So, I thought of trying out (in vain) to start openmrs with radiologyapp module.

It hangs with this warning with no other useful message.

WARN - DisposableBeanAdapter.destroy(247) |2017-02-13 16:01:59,605| Invocation of destroy method failed on bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The CacheManager has been shut down. It can no longer be used.

Any idea what’s causing the issue? I can provide my modules and versions if needed.

Thanks

As far as i remember, this module requires platform 2.0 Which means that running it on lower versions is not out of the box. It would take developer effort.

I think Radiology (https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-radiology) not Radiologyapp requires platform 2.0.

Is there a lot that’s required for the module to support lower versions? :slight_smile:

Thanks

The amount of work needed varies from module to module. :slight_smile:

If it is indeed the “radiologyapp” module you are taking about, it does not require 2.0. We created this module and use it with OpenMRS Platform 1.10. It’s possible it’s never been tested on/doesn’t work on 1.11. It’s also possible that it requires some metadata to be pre-installed.

Also, note that Radiology App does not provide complete Radiology support. As I recall, it provides support for ordering radiology tests and viewing the results of studies, but not for entering results (in our implementation, results come back into OpenMRS via integration with a PACS system).

Take care, Mark

Thanks for clarifying some of my concerns.

Running radiologyapp successfully will work for me.

What metadata would I need to pre-install to possibly run on platform 1.11.x?

Thanks

Take a look at the RadiologyConstants and/or RadiologyProperties classes… that should give you a sense of what metadata is expected to be present.

Take care, Mark

Thanks Mark,

I was able to install radiology but on platform 2.0. I have a running instance of dcm4chee. I have a problem with radiology orders not showing up in dcm4chee’s modality worklist interface.

dcm4chee runs on http://localhost:8081/dcm4chee-web3/ Radiology settings. Dicom Webviewer url: /dcm4chee-web3, port: 8081.

I can’t seem to find any documentation that shows how to interlink the two. I’d really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Andrew

Sorry if I have confused you here… the “radiologyapp” module does not support integration with dcm4chee… it is just a basic app that provides a means modeling radiology orders and reports in OpenMRS, as well as a UI for ordering studies and viewing reports within the OpenMRS UI Framework. We use it in Haiti to integrate with a 3rd-party commerical PACS system. The module that does that can be found here: https://github.com/PIH/openmrs-module-pacsintegration, but it’s pretty customized to that third-party solution (which is why it’s not a regular part of the OpenMRS ecosystem).

The radiology module is a completely separate endeavor which I know little about, but it may be the solution you are looking for. I believe @teleivo or @judy could point you in the right direction about this.

Take care, Mark

Ok thanks for the information. I have started another thread with the question at hand

Andrew