Unable to install locally

Application Name: Platform Version Number: 2.1.0 Snapshot

Question: Whenever I try to install using ‘mvn clean install’ I get the following error:

[INFO] Reactor Summary: [INFO] [INFO] OpenMRS … SUCCESS [ 5.019 s] [INFO] openmrs-tools … SUCCESS [ 0.697 s] [INFO] openmrs-test … SUCCESS [ 0.237 s] [INFO] openmrs-api … FAILURE [24:57 min] [INFO] openmrs-web … SKIPPED [INFO] openmrs-webapp … SKIPPED [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 25:04 min [INFO] Finished at: 2017-02-15T21:08:06+01:00 [INFO] Final Memory: 25M/358M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) on project openmrs-api: There are test failures. [ERROR] [ERROR] Please refer to /Desktop/projects/openmrs/openmrs-core/api/target/surefire-reports for the individual test results. [ERROR] -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException [ERROR] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command [ERROR] mvn -rf :openmrs-api

I have tried to install the previous Platform version 2.0.4.1, but I get the same error.

A bit further up in the output there should be a specific failing test. Can you share the details of that? You should also share your java and maven versions.

If all the tests here are green (like they are now) then things are building correctly on the server.

By the way, you only need to build openmrs-core if you’re planning to make changes to it. Otherwise I recommend getting a pre-built version, or using the OpenMRS SDK.

Yes, there’re some tests failing, here are the results:

Results :

Failed tests: AdministrationServiceTest.getAllGlobalProperties_shouldReturnAllGlobalPropertiesInTheDatabase:477 expected:<20> but was:<24> AdministrationServiceTest.purgeGlobalProperty_shouldDeleteGlobalPropertyFromDatabase:549 expected:<20> but was:<24>

Tests run: 3386, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 37

Further details on the failing tests:

Running org.openmrs.api.AdministrationServiceTest Tests run: 55, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 4, Time elapsed: 0.632 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.openmrs.api.AdministrationServiceTest getAllGlobalProperties_shouldReturnAllGlobalPropertiesInTheDatabase(org.openmrs.api.AdministrationServiceTest) Time elapsed: 0.013 sec <<< FAILURE! java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<20> but was:<24> at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88) at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:743) at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:118) at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:555) at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:542) at org.openmrs.api.AdministrationServiceTest.getAllGlobalProperties_shouldReturnAllGlobalPropertiesInTheDatabase(AdministrationServiceTest.java:477)

purgeGlobalProperty_shouldDeleteGlobalPropertyFromDatabase(org.openmrs.api.AdministrationServiceTest) Time elapsed: 0.014 sec <<< FAILURE! java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<20> but was:<24> at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88) at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:743) at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:118) at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:555) at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:542) at org.openmrs.api.AdministrationServiceTest.purgeGlobalProperty_shouldDeleteGlobalPropertyFromDatabase(AdministrationServiceTest.java:549)

I am using java version “1.8.0_121” and Apache Maven 3.3.9

Do you have any local changes?

No I didn’t make any change, but I’ve been able to set it up using the standalone version.

@ethan which operating system are you using? Some one else has just pinged me on irc over the same failures https://pastebin.com/v77ey8ic And the exact same happened here Openmrs-core Install Test Failures with Maven