Unable to connect Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080.

I followed all of the directions given on youtube clip “OpenMRS Developer Installation on Mac OSX” and got to the point of opening the Legacyui module on the internet. I then deleted the OpenMRS Schema from my MySQL database as per the instructions on the aforementioned youtube clip. After that I spent many, many, hours trying to get OpenMRS running again, working through one problem after the next. Finally, I could open the OpenMRS page and I re-loaded the sample OpenMRS database into MySQL. Then a page appeared with the LegacyUI download button which I proceeded to click to download. After that I could not establish a connection. I was confused by where to copy the legacyui omod file as I could not find the OpenMRS Module directory, so that might be the problem. I just don’t know where to go from here. Your help would be very much appreciated. MikeJG

Hi @mikejg,

When you start the server for the very first time, it only has the OpenMRS-core module. But, It needs to have the OpenMRS-Legacy-Module-UI as well.

Get the latest version of the legacyui module from the OpenMRS Module Repository Go to https://modules.openmrs.org/#/show/231/legacy-ui-module download the latest version.

Install the module After the download completes, copy the .omod file (legacyui-{versionNumber}.omod) into the modules directory of your OpenMRS app data folder (e.g. ${HOME}./OpenMRS/modules) or (Windows + R > %appdata%>OpenMRS>Modules).

Restart OpenMRS You can do this by either stopping and starting openmrs from tomcat manager page or just restarting tomcat.

You can find more information on this link.

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/User+Interface+Modules

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

This thread might also be useful.

Best Regards, Jude Niroshan

Thanks for your reply @judeniroshan. I have made a connection to my Tomcat Webpage manager, and I’m trying to install the Legacyui module but I’m having a bit of trouble. I’ll open another thread.