Unable run Bahmni on wifi or LAN

i have been given a task to implement a system in a clinic as part of my school work. I need help on how to run Bahmni through wifi or LAN

Hello @greekgreen. Welcome to Bahmni. Can you please elaborate on what is your assignment, which school, and what part are you struggling with in Bahmni?

To install Bahmni, you can see this page: http://bahmni.org/install

Im currently studying Bsc Health Information management at Botho University. So far i have installed Bahmni in my pc I can access Bahmni home, erp, openmrs and erp. As part of my school work I have to run Bahmni so that it can accessed by staff in the clininc

Thanks for the information @greekgreen.

You mentioned that Bahmni is running fine on your laptop. Which OS are you running on your laptop? Did you use Virtual Box to run Bahmni, or installed it on CentOS.

In hospital Wifi / LAN, all you need is a reserved machine for Bahmni, which should have a FIXED (static) IP address, that clinic staff can access from their browsers. You may need to add users, providers, and data as per the clinics needs.

Please refer to the Implementers Guide, to understand what steps you may need to take, depending on which parts of Bahmni the clinic wants to use (Registration, Lab, Diagnosis, Orders, etc). https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Implementer's+Guide

Windows 10. Yeah im using virtual box to run it. There is a reserved machine which the clinic have been using as a server

What is the OS on reserved machine (server of the clinic) ?

Windows 10

In that case, you gonna use virtual machine to set up Bahmni. If you want to make the virtual machine available to all the systems in the network and if you are using vagrant then you need to setup “public_network”. Read http://docs.vagrantup.com/v2/networking/public_network.html to understand more about the public network setup.

i have read the page you recommended. I was wondering if you could help with step by step configuration on how to setup the network so that the Bahmni can be accessed by all computers in the clinic just like the system they are currently using. They are currently using HMS version 3

I was wondering if you could help with step by step configuration on how to setup the network so that the Bahmni can be accessed by all computers in the clinic just like the system they are currently using. They are currently using HMS version 3 [/quote]

The help you need for setting up Bahmni in a LAN isn’t really specific to Bahmni. You would need to perform the same network steps are anyone who sets up any generic Client-Server application in the network.

If you need Network help, I’d recommend finding someone locally in your town/organization, to help you setup the network. It doesn’t require Bahmni knowledge.

2 Likes

Connecting to a on-premise server over LAN is a common implementation. There is nothing like “Bahmni support” - Bahmni is a server based solution, so its supported. Obviously many things for networking you will have to take care of, and without knowing details, its difficult to suggest what might be possible.

I also don’t understand what you mean by “LAN connection internet connection not working”. Do you mean that you can’t access internet from the server machine?

If the question is more for Bahmni Server not reachable on LAN, some pointers:

1. Have you tried tracing the call using “nstrace” or similar.
  2. Can you ping the server from another machine? ICMP might not be installed/enabled - so set that up first.
  3. Try with assigning a static IP address first.
  4. If you are using a Name Controller, check the FQDN, IP addresses there. likewise for a router/switch.
  5. If you are on a windows domain, and using a domain controller, and want to add “Linux” server onto that, then its possible too. If you don’t have any domain controller, then just accessing the static IP should be enough.