So back to the original (or at least) earlier question as to “what is the process to become /dev/2 or higher”, I offer this suggestion for the engineering team’s
pull requests improvement:
- Person desiring stage /dev/N (where N >= 2) who is currently /dev/N-1 composes a private message to the current group of /dev/N using the link on https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/OpenMRS+Developer+Stages.
- Requester includes relevant URL’s to any objective items in the “Criteria” column for that stage. For example, JIRA user page listing issues worked, meeting notes page, Talk posts, etc.
- Existing pool of /dev/N members review the request and look to confirm any subjective items listed in the “Criteria” column from the wiki page. If acceptable, reviewer “likes” or explicitly replies to the private group message with their approval.
- Once the requester has received 2 or more affirmative reviews, one of the designated “group owners” for that stage adds that user to the list at the relevant link, e.g.: https://talk.openmrs.org/groups/devN/members and notifies the requester.
- Requester should then open a help desk case as applicable providing their new developer stage, requesting access to Bamboo, Nexus, eligible software licenses, etc., as provided for at that stage.
This is probably a bit wordy but it’s a start. Let us begin hacking away at it.