The home icon (/openmrs/index.htm) not working on simple installation

I get the following strange behaviour on a new installation. The ‘OpenMRS’ logo in the title bar links correctly to the home page

http://x.x.x.x:8080/openmrs/referenceapplication/home.page

But the little “house” icon links to

http://x.x.x.x:8080/openmrs/index.htm

and this does not got to the expected home page, but gives

OpenMRS Platform 2.0.2.2618a7 Running!

If you are seeing this page, it means that the OpenMRS Platform is running successfully, but no user interface module is installed. Learn about the available User Interface Modules

If you are a developer, you can access the REST API. (See REST documentation for clients)

I have installed the following:

From ubuntu 16.04.1 packages: mysql-server (MySQL 5.7) tomcat8 openjdk-8-jre, openjdk-8-jdk

Downloaded from OpenMRS: openmrs platform 2.0.2 Reference Application 2.5 An updated idgen module (to fix the initial sql incompatibility with MySQL 5.7)

I had to create a folder /var/lib/OpenMRS to make it start, then loaded the demo data. Finally to get the modules to start a new idgen module.

I compared the list of modules with those on demo.openmrs.org and all are the same version (except idgen) as mine.

Is there some special configuration to make /openmrs/index.htm refer to /openmrs/referenceapplication/home.page?

If you had to create yourself a folder /var/lib/OpenMRS, then you are most likely using a different path from what your openmrs instance is actually using. It creates one on startup. Check the tomcat logs for the folder where the used runtime properties file is.

@dkayiwa

I only created it because when starting up the application for the first time it told me that it could not find /var/lib/OpenMRS/openmrs-runtime.properties

After I created the folder, the openmrs-runtime.properties entry was created and populated.

Also a whole lot of other files were created in that folder.

OK. So if your modules are all in /var/lib/OpenMRS/modules, then refresh to confirm that your browser is not just catching that page. If this does not work, try restating tomcat.

@dkayiwa Thank you. A simple refresh on that page fixed the problem.